Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I can't link from my phone but there is a recipe (for standard) that uses veg oil instead of butter on google. Sounds gross but they are yummy. The recipes on the back of the wegmans choc chips and mrs fields choc chips are yummy as well. I do about 5 diff standard recipes and rotate them.

Sent from Future Dwight

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

I grew up making the butter flavored Crisco recipe. I always thought they were good. :-)
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie

Here is mine, they are AH-MA-ZING. My MIL's recipe, and I bake them on a pizza stone so that they are crispy on the bottom/edges and soft in the middle!

2 1/2 c flour
1c butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 c chocolate chips
AND the secret ingredient..............................
1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix!

Cream the butter with the eggs, sugars and pudding mix. Add the vanilla, salt and baking soda, and then mix in the flour, 1/2 c at a time. Bake at 375 for 10-12 mins. Transfer immediately to a cooling rack!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #14
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
Here is mine, they are AH-MA-ZING. My MIL's recipe, and I bake them on a pizza stone so that they are crispy on the bottom/edges and soft in the middle!

2 1/2 c flour
1c butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 c chocolate chips
AND the secret ingredient..............................
1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix!

Cream the butter with the eggs, sugars and pudding mix. Add the vanilla, salt and baking soda, and then mix in the flour, 1/2 c at a time. Bake at 375 for 10-12 mins. Transfer immediately to a cooling rack!
Pudding mix!?!?! Hmmmmm.... interesting
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #15
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't have my recipe right now. My favorite one involves using a mix of ground oats (oat flour)/ all purpose / sprouted and almond paste. Anyway. I thought this would be a good place to put this cookie texture guide.

-------------------------------------------------------

By adjusting key ingredients, you can change the texture of any cookie recipe.

If you want chewy cookies, add melted butter. Butter is 20 percent water. Melting helps water in butter mix with flour to form gluten.

If you want thin, candy-like cookies, add more sugar. Sugar becomes fluid in the oven and helps cookies spread.

If you want cakey cookies, add more eggs. Yolks make cookies rich, and whites cause cookies to puff and dry out.

If you want an open, coarse crumb and craggy top, add baking soda. Baking soda reacts quickly with acidic ingredients (such as brown sugar) to create lots of gas bubbles.

If you want a fine, tight crumb and smooth top, add baking powder. Baking powder works slowly and allows for an even rise.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #16
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemom View Post
I use the toll house cookie recipe but double the dough recipe and use 2 c. (instead of 4 cups) of mini chocolate chips. Use real butter NOT margarine.
This is the best recipe we have found except we use all the chocolate chips called for. We like ours really chocolaty. With a full amount of mini chocolate chips we get a layer of oozy gooey chocolate in the center.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Subbing to add mine later

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I don't have my recipe right now. My favorite one involves using a mix of ground oats (oat flour)/ all purpose / sprouted and almond paste. Anyway. I thought this would be a good place to put this cookie texture guide.

If you want chewy cookies, add melted butter. Butter is 20 percent water. Melting helps water in butter mix with flour to form gluten.

If you want thin, candy-like cookies, add more sugar. Sugar becomes fluid in the oven and helps cookies spread.

If you want cakey cookies, add more eggs. Yolks make cookies rich, and whites cause cookies to puff and dry out.

If you want an open, coarse crumb and craggy top, add baking soda. Baking soda reacts quickly with acidic ingredients (such as brown sugar) to create lots of gas bubbles.

If you want a fine, tight crumb and smooth top, add baking powder. Baking powder works slowly and allows for an even rise.
This is good stuff! Thank you
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #19
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post

I am subbing just to retain this info. Not to mention the recipes as well.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

This is what I grew up with, and what I use. I haven't yet found a better recipe.

2 cups butter (or 1 cup butter, 1 cup melted coconut oil)
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
4 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
5 - 5 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1. Cream butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt. If using coconut oil, cream butter and sugar, then mix in CO. Add eggs and chocolate chips, combining thoroughly. Add flour all at once, and mix very well. Make sure to mix in any flour that is at the bottom.
2. If possible, refrigerate for several hours or overnight, as this improves the end result.
3. Bake at 350F. for 12-16 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your cookies.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote