Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #21
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: quick, healthy hot breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellga View Post
I found a recipe once upon a time where you fill muffin cups with stuffing mix (the king where the seasoning is mixed in, not the kind with packets), crack an egg on each one, then add bacon or sausage and bake. I made two dozen and stuck them in the fridge and reheated for breakfast for a few days...I loved them! Dh was a bit iffy but he doesn't really like stuffing in general :/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Oh that sounds yummy!! Might have to try that. Scrabbled egg, or just put the egg in without scrambling?

OP, how about english muffins with butter or jam. Or those Pioneer Woman English Muffin things. They are fabulous, but might be a bit much for your DH.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-muffin-melts/

Ok, not overly healthy, but much tastier then they sound.

French toast would be fairly easy to make in the morning.

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog

Last edited by kocho; 02-01-2013 at 09:25 PM.
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #22
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Apple cinnamon pancakes. Not a quick breakfast unless you mix the batter all the night before, but a nice change and very yummy!
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #23
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho

Oh that sounds yummy!! Might have to try that. Scrabbled egg, or just put the egg in without scrambling?
I did a mix...A few with just whites, a few scrambled, and one unscrambled. I don't like egg yolks, so the unscrambled one didn't appeal to me (I was hoping husband would try it). The yolk only ones were my fave, the egg seemed to soak into the stuffing better and it didn't taste as strongly eggy.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #24
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Leftovers for breakfast? Why not? Not sure if that was already suggested my son asks for leftovers a lot, though we usually try to save them for lunch
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #25
Alexismarie
Registered Users

My Mood:
Millet with little pieces of apple is quick.
Alexismarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I make and freeze pancakes.

I also make muffins and breakfast casseroles.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
mozartswannabe
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried serving frozen waffles/pancakes from the freezer after cooking them in a toaster/toaster oven? I find it makes a huge difference in the taste!

I make french toast with multi grain bread and pancakes with whole wheat flour and at some oats about once a month then freeze lots of left overs.

Maybe if LO doesn't know they were frozen he'll eat them?
mozartswannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #28
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4
ideas? Not oatmeal. No peanuts, nuts or coconut. I like oatmeal and so does one of my lo's but one doesn't and neither does dh. We do a lot of smoothies and fruit, but its been so cold I've wanted hot breakfasts. What are some healthy quick hot breakfasts (or thawed and quickly heated). We like quick breads but they aren't the healthiest. We also like oatbran as hot cereal, but dh won' eat that very often.

ETA: My dh is a big baby. He will not eat frozen pancakes or waffles. Or any kind quiche like thing.
Pioneer woman had something I made about 6 months ago. It was something like a French toast bake. I used organic whole grain bread, and I halved the crumble mix that was on top (I figured its no less healthy than syrup, so I didn't mind that there was sugar in the crumble). I can't remember if it called for dairy, but if it did I would have used rice milk and earth balance butter since YDS is dairy allergic. You prep it the night before and just pop it in the oven. It made enough for 2 breakfasts for my family. I'll see if I can find it if you're interested
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #29
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
Pioneer woman had something I made about 6 months ago. It was something like a French toast bake. I used organic whole grain bread, and I halved the crumble mix that was on top (I figured its no less healthy than syrup, so I didn't mind that there was sugar in the crumble). I can't remember if it called for dairy, but if it did I would have used rice milk and earth balance butter since YDS is dairy allergic. You prep it the night before and just pop it in the oven. It made enough for 2 breakfasts for my family. I'll see if I can find it if you're interested
I think I have it book marked already. I want to try but DH (my problem child- in picky eating, dd is the one with allergies) has issues with things being too eggy. You would not believe how long it took me to get pancakes and regular french toast at the right egg level.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #30
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocho View Post

OP, how about english muffins with butter or jam. Or those Pioneer Woman English Muffin things. They are fabulous, but might be a bit much for your DH.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...-muffin-melts/

Ok, not overly healthy, but much tastier then they sound.

French toast would be fairly easy to make in the morning.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was just thinking that I wanted to try this the last time it was posted, but I forgot where it even was. It is now bookmarked and printed.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote