Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are there 'fancy' flats?

I'll second the Imagine bamboo flats. They are the same size as my DR larges, but very smooth and soft and squishy.

Advertisement

and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #12
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbel81906 View Post
Imagine Bamboo Flats, so squishy!!
I have these.......and LOVE them. But they are just a step up from regular cotton flats. They look the same, only a bit softer. I don't think they are what you're looking for. SORRY :-/ Magaroos maybe.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #13
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have both hemp babies and geffen jersey flats. Love em both. Hemp babies are squishy and stretchy. The squishy part comes in after a few washes. They're a bit bigger than the geffen's so they padfold thicker. Geffen's are a little softer but their size confuses me. You absolutely cannot use these as "flats" on a toddler. You'd have to use as inserts. Why someone would make a flat that only fits babies is beyond me, especially when they offer nothing larger. Hemp babies cleans up nicer too. Good stuff.

You might be able to coax me out of them. Hubby wants me to streamline our stash, and I think that means giving up flats and going with softbums pods.

If you want velour or terry flats, try Etsy. I thought I saw some there for $11.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
SDJeannieZ3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your suggestions, mamas!

So I got some Imagine bamboo flats this week- I almost can't tell them apart from my Diaper Rites. (they are a little bit smoother, but a whole lot more absorbent!) I also have some bamboo fleece ones one the way from etsy. I'm looking forward to the plushness and extra absorbancy of them.

I'm happy to have finally found a more absorbent solution while still being able to use my much loved flats. For the first time since his birth 7 months ago, my little guy was able to wear a cloth diaper to bed and not wake us both up soaking wet! I had tried everything I could think of prior to this & more often than not he would end up in a huge & uncomfortable diaper bundle that he soaked through anyways. We have been going through 2 disposables every night & I hate it. So I am so happy to see the beginning of a solution!
SDJeannieZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote