Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #251
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I bet your pasture is going to be so lovely.

AFM- spent the day in the out-building working on the framing of the new double breeder coop. I'll update with pics soon. most of the gals like the new nest boxes. Daisy takes up one all day though, errrr. i knew she would.

We have aprox 1" of snow, played some today. Supposed to get around 3-4 tonight. We'll see, lol. Got some pics. Just have to get the time to upload.
I'm figuring it's gonna look like a overgrown mess but that's ok, it's on the side of the house away from the drive and nobody can see it from the front of the property, and only if they purposely walk up to it from the back. It's only about 7-8 foot wide area, I'm going to put up a cute gate and hang my metal chicken theme signs on the wood fence. Maybe put some hanging flower pots in along the roof to give it some charm. A cute little nook for my chickens to graze in. I'm sure the electric and gas meter guys are going to love it.

Can't wait to see all your pics!

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #252
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh man are you gonna have to share pics of that!! It sounds just wonderfull! I'm still trying to upload the pics, er. We got about 2" this am and tonight should be more.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #253
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Man, some guy just walked up to the house for help. He was putting down the big hill on our road and lost controll. He went off and wrecked the van. Ray seeing if he can get the tractor started. The kids are ok. I offered them to come in till Ray got home or the truck came for help, 2 hrs, but he said they had enough gas to run it to stay warm. I guess he left them in the van. Ray just showed up thank the Lord. Poor guy. We lost it on the other hill on the way home this am but were able to regain controll. They don't plow these mountian roads here. We had to take the van because the back window is still busted in the truck.

Here are the pics.

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 02-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #254
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Someone pinned a blue-laced Wynadotte on Pinterest yesterday. It was so pretty. I didn't know they could be pretty...I was thinking of them being more about food than looks...now I want a pretty one, LOL.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #255
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Gorgeous pics sarah! poor guy, I hope he and his kids are really ok. The road down into the holler by J's family in Churchill is bad too. Builds black ice during those storms. Aunt Kay just won't go out in them anymore because it scares her so much.

Look at those awesome leg feathers!! They're improving aren't they! The pens look good, wanna come make mine too? LOL@ the boys.. all you can see is teeny eyes peeking out.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #256
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Someone pinned a blue-laced Wynadotte on Pinterest yesterday. It was so pretty. I didn't know they could be pretty...I was thinking of them being more about food than looks...now I want a pretty one, LOL.
Oh don't look. If you don't want to have a wish list a mile long, just don't look. So many amazingly gorgeous breeds! If you want wyandottes, be prepared that they do have aggressive natures and you'll want avoid keeping them with the shy breeds. They do dress out nice if you have to butcher any. If you're wanting BLRW's, I would suggest getting them from Foley's, he has the original bloodline I believe and the correct body type and flawless lacing that they should have. I've not been impressed by ANY of the hatchery BLRW's I've seen. They look nothing like these beauties.
http://www.foleyswaterfowl.com/blrwyandotte.htm
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #257
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think those were the ones they pinned. Are Wynadottes good layers?
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #258
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

excellent layers. Some of my biggest eggs are from them.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #259
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The one pinned yesterday was Fodie's I believe. I didn't think it was a repin. I commented on in on fb. You didn't see it Liz?

Still snowing here. Been on and off, yay!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #260
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NM, I remember now. They were repinned by her from Hoovers Hatchers. I think, lol!