Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #31
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had an incident where someone approached a car, and now they are mentally handicap because the guy in the car to a bat to his head nine times. I'd turn up my radio, sing loudly, talk about Elmo, something than get out of my car. People are crazy, and the ones that are don't wear a sign that says "caution, I eat people for breakfast", KWIM?

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #32
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: this dude made me MAD!!

Actually language like that is not freedom of speech b/c it is offensive. I wonder if the area has a noise ordinance? Like you are not to play music above a certain decibel?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #33
squiddles
Registered Users
seller

Last edited by squiddles; 07-23-2013 at 11:00 AM.
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #34
squiddles
Registered Users
seller

Last edited by squiddles; 07-23-2013 at 11:00 AM.
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
Kwhit08
Registered Users

Re: just a boring Saturday over here :)

I'm always leary of strangers approaching me. Last time one did it was a drugged up pregnant woman wanting to hitch a ride.
Kwhit08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #36
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Check to see what the actual law is in your state/town.

I saw my dad do something kind of like what you have described when I was a little girl. The woman told him to bug off (not so politely lol) He then told her that she could stop or he would be making a citizens arrest because what she was doing was against the law locally. She stopped.

Years ago, I went through the car wash and was using the vac to clean out my car. I had three kids with me. A young guy pulls up and turns his radio WAYYY up. Not only was he blasting music that spoke of murder but it was talking about women saying no but forcing sex anyway "'cause they all nothing but a --- " (rhymes with po) I went up and waited for him to turn around. I asked him very politely to please turn it down because there were a lot of families with little kids around and while his music had a great beat, the lyrics were really scary. He apologized and turned it down.

I'd probably just pack up my kids and leave if it happened again OR go to someone working there and ask them to please do something about it.

Last edited by ~happy2Bamommy~; 02-02-2013 at 07:07 PM.
~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #37
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHASRADA View Post
I can't believe anyone would think he has a right to brazenly blast his music, knowing it is disturbing, and offending, others.

Sorry, our rights end where they infringe on those of others. Even if there is no specific law against noise pollution, he definitely could be charged with "disturbing the peace". Honestly, a trucker blasting gangsta rap? I would've called the cops rather than approach him. And blast "Barney" or whatever on my own radio to drown his out.

It is a dangerous society that values individual rights (read indulgences) over respect, compassion, and consideration for the rights of others.
This.

What happened here is actually against local laws in my area. People MAY listen to whatever they wish but they may not subject everyone around them to it. If the lyrics are vulgar, it can't be loud enough to be heard easily outside of the vehicle. I actually witnessed a guy getting a warning from an officer at our local walmart due to something exactly like OP described.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote