Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Announcing to my hubby?!

Hi ladies!

I just found out today that I am expecting number two! YAY!!! We have been praying and hoping and trying for while and I am sooooo thrilled.

Anywhoooo, with my DD we found out together at about 5am as we watched the test. This time, I took the liberty to take one on my own. Now, I want to "surprise" hubby tonight.

How should I surprise him?

For my parents and inlaws I think I will wait until Valentine's day (I will be 8 weeks along) and give them a card from us with a poem something like:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
We're expecting...
baby number two!

(I'd like some suggestions for the poem too^)

THANKS SO MUCH!

Advertisement

MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Announcing to my hubby?!

When we were expecting #2 I wanted to get a onsie made up for our DS but I didn't have time or the money. So, I wrote on one of his onsies with a sharpie "Big Brother". Hubby came home from work and picked up DS and read the outfit and was thrilled! We told our inlaws by having DS open up a gift on his birthday. This time we had a "Big Brother" Onsie made up and when he opened the gift it revealed our surprise! This time with #3 I couldn't wait and I called hubby at work and asked him if we had any plans in about 9months
Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

I so wanted to surprise my husband. I took the test around dinner time and I came out and couldn't contain myself LOL
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgrace
When we were expecting #2 I wanted to get a onsie made up for our DS but I didn't have time or the money. So, I wrote on one of his onsies with a sharpie "Big Brother". Hubby came home from work and picked up DS and read the outfit and was thrilled! We told our inlaws by having DS open up a gift on his birthday. This time we had a "Big Brother" Onsie made up and when he opened the gift it revealed our surprise! This time with #3 I couldn't wait and I called hubby at work and asked him if we had any plans in about 9months
Yes do this !
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
so_blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Announcing to my hubby?!

I just found out yesterday that we're having our first baby. Thankfully I had a plan ready since we had been actively TTC'ing last month. Only half of my plan worked out, but that's okay. My hubby thought it was pretty cool.

Here's the original plan: We had gift cards for Benihana so it wouldn't seem out of the ordinary to go somewhere fancy. I took a recent photo of us and put word bubbles for each of us. His said, "Pssst... My wife is pregnant, but I don't know yet." Mine said "Enjoy the show" and at the bottom it said "Pass it on!" The idea was that I would covertly sneak the photo to the person next to me (they sit you down in groups of 8, so the other six would be strangers), then excuse myself to the bathroom while the message spread. I then would blow up a balloon and stick it under my shirt and put a bow on it and come out and realize what everyone else had been whispering about.

So, I suggested we go to Benihana and he bit. However, he was already starving and we found out that the wait time would be 1-1.5 hours. So, he suggested a tiny little casual Italian place that probably delivers more pizza than dine-in customers. I tried to suggest a more suitable venue, but I decided I would just salvage what I could of the plan because there was no way I could keep the secret even one more day. I wasn't even feeling hungry (JUST BLOATED!!!) so I figured he should go where he wants to go to eat.

Sure enough when we got there, there was only one other customer and a staff of about 4 or five guys in the back. We ordered, I sneaked off to the bathroom (because I'm really bad at keeping secrets for very long) and on my way passed the little photo card to an employee. I came out with my balloon belly and a bow, and he was a bit in shock because he knew I'd already had a negative test a week earlier. He was apparently skeptical, but when he realized I was totally serious, he was super excited!

BTW SweetGrace, I thought asking if you and hubby had plans in 9 months totally cute! Low-key but with a nice touch of humor.
so_blessed is offline   Reply With Quote