Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

Re: What are your boundries when it comes to posting on DS?

I try not to overshare. I'll post mine and DH's first names and initials, our ages, plus our pets names, but anyone else I know i'll post their initials instead of names although I might have forgot and slipped a few times. I'll also post about my family and friends birthdays/ages. I don't post middle or last names (mine, DH's, or anybody else's), our town, or anything of that nature. I also don't post pictures of anything other than objects. Life experineces on threads that could help someone, venting about my cousin (she is dangerous to other people's health), posting some light-hearted complaining (sometimes about DH), and posting about our TTC journey are fair game but I would never come on here and post every single detail of my life.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Eh I'm an open book. But anything i vent about or w/e I wouldn't hesitate to say to dh's face or to talk about in person whatever I'm talking about on here.

Sent from Future Dwight
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pretty much anything
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #24
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't post anything I wouldn't want my husbands co-workers to read. I'm not worried about them reading ds but it seems like a good boundry line to have...would I discuss this with his coworkers is what I ask myself.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #25
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I mostly keep vents about DH off of here because he is here just as much as I am, so I may as well just complain to his face instead. (Kidding, really, I don't have much to complain about anyway). Same goes for intimate sex stuff, for the same reason and because I'm scared that my family might stumble upon here and our holidays are awkward enough as it is. Other than that, the only other filter I employ is if I strongly disagree or am upset by something, I follow the "if you can't say something nice..." rule and walk (look?) away. It isn't worth the emotional investment.

Oh, and poop. I deal with enough poop in a day, I don't want to talk about it in my downtime too.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #26
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Eh I'm an open book. But anything i vent about or w/e I wouldn't hesitate to say to dh's face or to talk about in person whatever I'm talking about on here.

Sent from Future Dwight

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #27
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

Honestly it's easy enough to find a persons identity if you are computer savvy. We download a lot of data from bittorrent sites, so DH has taken meausres to keep us anonymous (so im not saying that technology doesnt exist where you can hide or disguise your IP, etc) but in regards to DS, if you've ever bought or sold anything on here, someone has your real name and address. And the admins here are a little big brother (have contacted people IRL before about personal issues, have called CPS on members IRL, called the police on members IRL, etc) so you bet your sweet bippy thy know your real name and how to get in touch with you if they ever want to aid someone in destroying your life. This isn't Reddit or the hacker world where anonymity is valued. I mean they literally have a database they maintain of all of the users real names, real addresses, real phone numbers, etc who have applied to sell on FSOT. So you may say to yourself, I don't post my DHs real name (and I don't, personally, As his name is very identifying, even though no one on here runs in the circles he does IRL) but know that someone on this site knows who you are, where you live, where you work and so forth. You're never anonymous on here. I've been around here long enough to know that.

Last edited by holly6737; 02-03-2013 at 07:01 AM.
holly6737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #28
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
I try not to post anything bad about ... my in laws.
In-laws are fair game for me!