Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #81
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My dh refuses to help me groom bc of my frankencooter. It scares him heck, it scares me!!

I have two boppy pillows.....im not short torsoed tho. They are so used theyre verging on flat

I.d like some reusable nursing pads this time. Im not a big leaker so not sure if its worth it.
I have a boppy style. Don't like it. Don't like the way it "circles" me because I can't comfortably lean back. There's a new one on the Babies R Us website that's just a cradle wedge that sits in front of you rather than a circle. I'm waiting to see reviews.

I'm not a big leaker either, so I just use breast pads from the store, Ameda or whatever. When I got my Undercover Mama nursing tanks I got a free sample of their Bamboobies bamboo nursing pads. Soft like butter, not bulky, reasonable absorbent, and the heart shape was surprisingly "low profile".

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #82
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
Ok, I have a TMI question : I've seen several different places people worried about "grooming" their lady parts before birth. One lady on another forum said she got a fog proof mirror and spent an hour in the tub shaving because she was due any day now. And I'm thinking, when I'm labor that's the last thing I'm worried about! Am I the only one who just doesn't care??
I went natural with the first three. Then for some reason I thought of trimming for my fourth birth and it made postpartum so much less uncomfortable for me. The mess down there is enough to clean up without stuff getting caught in the shrubbery.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #83
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

My DH gets nervous doing maintenance too lol but he does it because he knows how uncomfortable I feel otherwise.

We use his beard trimmer (he usually shaves but on days off he just trims) for anything inside the bikini line.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #84
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I should clarify haha. He usually shaves his face but has a beard trimmer because he sometimes doesn't want to shave but doesn't like a beard. Not that he shaves me but trims on his days off lol....
Old 02-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #85
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 27th - Feb 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Anyone have a favorite breastpad? I can not do wool but anything else. I have had them with my others but nothing that really stands out in my mind or that I liked enough to even remember what I had.
I have some I love from a WAHM from here. Now if I can just remember who it was... Ok, did a quick check and here is the link for her shop http://hyenacart.com/megaroosdesigns...ads-Mama-Cloth
She is apparently closing up shop, but there are some nursing pads left. I may have to order some more I am a heavy leaker, and these were awesome. I think I used the bamboo velour, but I can't remember really. They've lasted through several babies and heavy use.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #86
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a great time at my 4D yesterday. Got some really good pics and it was amazing to see her opening and closing her eyes and mouth. She had her hand and arm up next to her face the whole time, but we got some good shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LYDIA_15.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	132816   Click image for larger version

Name:	LYDIA_13.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	132817   Click image for larger version

Name:	LYDIA_64.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	132818  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #87
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cute ultrasound pics!

No advice on the breast pads. I never leaked and only ever used some when I had yeast so I used disposables. They were awful, btw, so maybe thats my advice: dont use disposables!

AFM, I did the stupidest thing today. So I am house sitting for my in-laws. They have a detached garage with no doors. Before I left my FIL parked my car in the garage and gave me the remote. He said, "thats the only remote so dont lose it. Keep it in your purse." Growing up they had a fixed button inside their back door so I assumed he just meant a general "dont lose it" reminder. Nope! He meant that opener was the one and only way into the garage. So I forgot my purse with the remote in the garage. Thought I had it and closed the garage door on my way out of the garage. Then today, went to open the door from inside like I always do, but its gone. So in short I locked the only opener in the garage. $50, four phone calls to garage door service companies, and three hours later 3 guys came and broke into my inlaw's garage window. Aaaaand it turns out there's a key fail safe on the garage door and all I had to do was use the key and pull up on the door. Can I blame this on pregnancy-mom brain? More importantly, do I fess up to my FIL?

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 02-02-2013 at 06:23 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #88
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
We had a great time at my 4D yesterday. Got some really good pics and it was amazing to see her opening and closing her eyes and mouth. She had her hand and arm up next to her face the whole time, but we got some good shots.
I had the same issue with ours today! I wasn't surprised that our child was stubborn!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #89
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

So I WAS feeling better but would now pay exorbitant amounts of money to have my nose and sinuses removed just to stop the congestion!! Can I poke vent holes in the sinuses???
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #90
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I have some I love from a WAHM from here. Now if I can just remember who it was... Ok, did a quick check and here is the link for her shop http://hyenacart.com/megaroosdesigns...ads-Mama-Cloth
She is apparently closing up shop, but there are some nursing pads left. I may have to order some more I am a heavy leaker, and these were awesome. I think I used the bamboo velour, but I can't remember really. They've lasted through several babies and heavy use.
Thank you! Off to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So I WAS feeling better but would now pay exorbitant amounts of money to have my nose and sinuses removed just to stop the congestion!! Can I poke vent holes in the sinuses???
I here you and am right there with you. I have such severe pain in my right cheek under my bone. I have an ob appt wed maybe he will prescribe me something. I do not have a reg dr where I live bc the city I live in is ranked the 2nd worst city in the state and one of the main reassons is the lack of medical. Needless to say we are moving soon to one of the best area.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote