Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Oh port Brynn Hole she gets better really soon!! My good friends little boys is getting tubes Monday. He's 13 months but has had an ear infection nonstop for 14 weeks. Hope they find a solution for her and that she doesn't need tubes.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - February chat

I felt bad bc I went on and on today about how I want a pedi kit bc regular pedicures were a waste of money. Then DH was like "well I feel like an idiot now bc that is what I got you." OOPS!!!! I was like no no I mean getting them every 2 weeks not as a gift it is a great gift. LOL! He got me a pregnancy massage too. I have to get him something nice. Just do not know what.

We looked at houses today and they were amazing! So we were excited.

I am still battling this killer sickness. I go to the Dr Wed so hopefully he prescribe me something bc I do not have a pc physician bc were we live has HORRIBLE Drs. and I would have to drive 2 hrs to see a good one. That is one reason why we are looking at houses.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We don't really celebrate V day either. Just cards. When we remember.

I went to a preschool fair yesterday. I really liked this one but it's far. They have 1 day/week for 2 year olds. So June & Casper would both be there for 2.5 hours. I don't know what I'd do with myself! I will probably just take her down the street, but it was fun to see what is out there. Today is my birthday. After church I will be on the hunt for a pie!

Casper just climbed up on my lap, laid sideways, pointed at my boob and said, "Mine!". Silly boy,

Last edited by estradaamyl; 02-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

UGH! I had a reply all typed up on my phone yesterday and it wouldn't post!

We don't do V day. Never really have. Sometimes dh would send flowers to my work, but normally we would just make a nice dinner and have some bdrm time. lol

Melissa- fx for a bfp!! I have long cycles normally and would O late. OH and my edd for this baby is Aug 26!

Britt- that sucks about the heater!! brrr!!! Evan wakes up often throughout the night but is usually comforted easliy. He was sideways in our bed this morning though lol.
I have cut Evan's hair several times so far. He needs one now..

Carrie- oh no! Ear infections are no fun. Evan had them not that long ago. Lucky for us both we haven't had another one.

Alison- LOL that was sweet of dh! Yay for looking at houses! love that, but not for the reasons you guys are doing it. sorry you are still sick. Hope you get some relief soon, and find a good DR!!

afm- had a good day yesterday. I spent the first part of our day with my bff on her bday wknd, but it's just never enough time now that we live 2hrs apart. We ran recycling, did a goodwill drop, and stopped by a friends house to pick up some of the baby gear I gave her. I am so grateful she still had it all. (she ended up getting a bunch of new items from her baby shower). Then we hung out with dh's cousin and his family for a few hours. They gave us some baby furniture too! So lucky!! We really dont' have much more to get at this point, other than a crib mattress, and some baby clothing. But I'm going to sock some money away for that after baby comes, and we know what he/she is. I need to get motivated and do some laundry and hopefully some light sewing. It's nice enough out that I can send the kids outside today!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #15
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday Amy!

Brynn had a pretty bad fall today. She was using a chair to climb onto the table when it tipped, and she cut her forehead open on the corner of the window sill. When I first grabbed her I thought I was going to be sick because the skin was separated. But the bleeding stop quickly, it was a small clean cut and we used some second skin and steri strips to hold the skin together until it heals. I know that's all the ER or urgent care would do, so right now we are just praying she doesn't bust it open before it fully heals. Good grief I need a break!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #16
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

OMG, how scary!!! Evan fell down the stairs not that long ago. I cried more than he did!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #17
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yikes! So very sorry you had to deal with that. Sending lots of positive healing vibes your way.

I've broke my head open 7 times. Totally no big deal. My kids get a paper cut and I'm shaking and nauseated. I'm horrible in those situations!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #18
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know! What's with that? When I was pregnant with her I split my head open and ended up.with staples...really didn't bother me too much. My kids get a small cut and I get nauseous!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

UGH I hate falls, so sorry you had to go through that!

Yesterday I went to urgent care bc I had such a severe sinus infection. My nose was totally blocked and my left side of my face hurt so bad.

So I went and they gave me an antbiotic shot and a steriod shot. Of course I was paranoid all day until I was able to talk to my Dr today but he said everything is ok. I was actually able to sleep most of the day yesterday and dh took care of the kiddos. He said that Peyton laughed at him when he was changing her diaper (he never changes it). She has such a funny personality.

When I woke up she was so excited to see me. I feel so much better today, I feel like a functional human lol!

As for the house search. Well we knew we were not going to be here long. The only problem is we have a house to sell. I know it sounds silly to buy a house you know you won't be in long but there are no safe options here. Again we are talking about the 2nd worst city in the state. The reason we came is for dhs job that is a non for profit. Well we can move now bc he can work from home and we are choosing a city that is in the top 10 of the state and we really like it! So we are exciteted to get the ball rolling. We are shooting for spring/summer before school starts up again.

We actually like the house we are in alot atm. It is our little sanctuary. Our neighborhood is nice too but I never knew what they meant by the "other side of the tracks." I do now. It doesn't bother me at all though. What bothers me is the Lack of medical and lack of education. Oh and definatley the lack of or non existant eco-friendly/organic/anything natural.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #20
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Yay for some relief!! (and sleep) I hope you can sell your current house fast!

The town we moved to is pretty bad. There's so many rundown houses everywhere. Most of the neighborhoods are a mix of decent homes and trashy ones. There's a pretty clear division of classes too. Either you have money or you are poor. Not much of a middle class really. It sucks b/c we don't fit into the uppity crowd, and I have a thing about poor white trash. ( I hope that's not offensive to anyone here) Just b/c you are poor, doesn't mean you can't clean up your yard, and take care of yourself. ykwim? I've always been poor-ish, but my kids are clean, and I try to take pride in what I do own.

Anywhoo- I need to get lumch ready and try to get Evan down so I can start unloading the van of all the baby stuff. IDK where it's all going to go right now.. sheesh! lol