Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon View Post
Hello- I had a few people refer me to this thread- hopefully it is the right spot for me.

I am due July 21st with a boy. This pregnancy started out with twins and we lost Baby A around 13 weeks. Generally I am doing well and focusing on the positive- having a healthy baby boy! Yesterday I had a surprise cry at my ultrasound appointment when the Dr. showed me Baby A. I think she did it to try to make me feel better, but oops- it certainly stirred up emotions. She told me that Baby A is shrinking and will be absorbed in my body soon and will be "obliterated." I'm sure she didn't think of what that word would mean to me, but the whole thing was so sad. I had difficulty then going on with the rest of the ultrasound.

So here I am- experiencing a loss and a pregnancy all at once. The mix of emotions are so unusual...
So sorry mama. We lost DD1s identical twin at 31 weeks. It's a lot more common than people think. It was especially hard for me because I was grieving for my stillborn baby while DD1 was in a precarious situation in the NICU. Hope your other LO continues to do great!!

Advertisement

mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Hello- I had a few people refer me to this thread- hopefully it is the right spot for me.

I am due July 21st with a boy. This pregnancy started out with twins and we lost Baby A around 13 weeks. Generally I am doing well and focusing on the positive- having a healthy baby boy! Yesterday I had a surprise cry at my ultrasound appointment when the Dr. showed me Baby A. I think she did it to try to make me feel better, but oops- it certainly stirred up emotions. She told me that Baby A is shrinking and will be absorbed in my body soon and will be "obliterated." I'm sure she didn't think of what that word would mean to me, but the whole thing was so sad. I had difficulty then going on with the rest of the ultrasound.

So here I am- experiencing a loss and a pregnancy all at once. The mix of emotions are so unusual...
and welcome.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm a stalker (and silent cheerleader) of this thread but had to come out of hiding to say that I'm so sorry about Baby A Rebecca. Your doctor's insensitivity around your loss is appalling. Big huge hugs.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.

Last edited by wordmama; 02-02-2013 at 05:19 PM.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Alice & Sarah.....it's your month!
And yours' too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
I am still reading, just not very active anymore. Still baking
miss you posting, Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Just had my appt. I lost .3cm of cervix

Quote:
Wow. I don't understand his insensitivity. I'm sorry mama.
Many congrats on your healthy boy, but many many for the loss of his sibling. I cannot imagine dealing with all of that, loss and a rainbow pregnancy, at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
I'm a stalker (and silent cheerleader) of this thread
How are you doing, Lucy?

AFM: Finally got my computer back! I am a bit worried there's something more going on with it - been plugged in all night and the battery only charged to 99% But for now I've got it and am back!

All seems well with Hiccup. I did have a strange bleeding episode last week, Tues evening. Then brown when wiping on Wed. Nothing since. No more spotting or bleeding, no contractions or cramping, Hiccup is dancing away in there. So
I didn't have the courage to go get things checked out when it happened. I was too shocked and could only think "One year ago today, Elli was dying inside me." Just can't handle thinking about hearing that news again ever... let alone at the same time as before.
So I don't know what it was all about - DH had been rubbing my back and trying to make my hips crack, pushing hard against them, maybe that caused a blood vessel to break? or it could be totally unrelated.
Oddly enough, I had nothing like this with any of the boys but did have pretty much this exact same thing happen with DD1, and nearly the exact same time (about 30wks with her, 29+2 last week). If Hiccup is a girl, I'm wondering if maybe there's a hormone shift/surge in baby at this point, or in my body, that could cause the bleeding?

Anyways, all seems fine now, so we carry on!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mamas, how long after your miscarriage (if it was past 7 weeks) did you return to normal cycle?
I had a loss at 10 weeks and trying to decide if I want to try again since I can be due by end of year. last time I miscarried, I was 5 weeks, tried again 2 weeks later and conceived w no issues. but at a 10 week loss, I am wondering if I will take way longer since the pregnancy hormones are still in me.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
mamas, how long after your miscarriage (if it was past 7 weeks) did you return to normal cycle?
I had a loss at 10 weeks and trying to decide if I want to try again since I can be due by end of year. last time I miscarried, I was 5 weeks, tried again 2 weeks later and conceived w no issues. but at a 10 week loss, I am wondering if I will take way longer since the pregnancy hormones are still in me.
Did you m/c naturally or have a D&C? I looked back at my chart (normal cycles at that time were 29 days) & after my 5w natural loss I had a 32 day cycle. Then conceived the next cycle & had an 8w loss w/D&C. The cycle following my D&C was 36. My second cycle was back to normal.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My early miscarriages were all before 7 weeks, but my cycles returned as normal right afterwards.

After losing Elliana, AF returned I think 6 weeks after.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #18
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had a natural miscarriage just Friday night I passed everything. i lost baby at 7 weeks but everything else grew till that night. (10 weeks and a couple days) when I took the test a couple days back it was super dark so I thought it would take about a month to even get to ovulating again. typically I ovulate on day 12-14 and have a period on day 26-28. tends to be early. with all my miscarriages, I was right on time.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
i had a natural miscarriage just Friday night I passed everything. i lost baby at 7 weeks but everything else grew till that night. (10 weeks and a couple days) when I took the test a couple days back it was super dark so I thought it would take about a month to even get to ovulating again. typically I ovulate on day 12-14 and have a period on day 26-28. tends to be early. with all my miscarriages, I was right on time.
I tested mine out & it took 3 wks before I finally got a negative on an IC. I didn't test for O that cycle so I'm not sure if I actually O'd or if it was an anovulatory cycle, but if I did it happened as soon as the hcg was out of my system based on when AF arrived.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #20
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Rebecca, I hate that you're here but this is a wonderful group. I'm so sorry your u/s was such a crappy experience & "obliterated"? Really?!? Who says that in relation to a pregnancy loss?! How awful! Praying God's grace for you through the rest of this pregnancy.