Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Induction stories? I don't have much of a choice in being induced.

I was induced with my 2nd baby, and it was NOTHING like the horror stories I'd read/been told. I was 41+1, and I was 4cm/75% going into it. I was GBS+, so it had to take longer so that they could get both doses of the antibiotics in me. They started me on the lowest setting for the pitocin, and it did give me regular contractions (so the pit never had to be turned up), but they were not any more painful than BH contractions (which are not painful at all, to me). After having contractions for a short while, my bag of water was bulging, so they broke it. That was when the pressure really intensified for me, so I asked for the epidural at that point...but, that wasn't from being induced...they broke my water with my first baby, and that was when I really felt it that time around, too, and I had gone into labor on my own with her. Pretty soon I was complete, and I pushed for about 15 minutes. Honestly, it was no different for me than my first delivery, both were amazing experiences, and the contractions were no different than what I had the first time around. I know it can be different for everyone, but I went into that induction terrified because all I heard was how inductions were the worst thing ever, and I had myself so scared and upset, and it was nothing. You'll be just fine, mama! And, I really don't blame you on not wanting to make a 2 hour trip while in labor!

Advertisement

dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
mozartswannabe
Registered Users
seller

I was induced for my son at 41w 4d because of low fluids and I had a really hard time with it. After three days in the hospital and nearly a full 24 hours of induction the process resulted in a csection. My advice would be to know the side effects of pictocin overdose! I had not been prepared for the end of my pregnancy to go the way that it did and I didn't know what my options were. Then it turned out that during the induction a lot things that we (baby and I) experienced were symptoms of pictocin overdose.

Read, read, read while you can and know what could go wrong so that if you have any issues you will know what your options. From my experience what your doctor recommends may not always be what's actually best for you and your baby and unfortunately you can't always rely on them to give you every option so your best bet is to be as prepared as you possibly can. Good luck!
mozartswannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Induced twice. First was almost 3 days long. Extremely miserable. Second was 12 hours long and not as miserable but still I would have chosen natural birth any day over all the interventions.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was induced at 38w exactly. Induction was super easy got to the hospital at 5:30am started pit/ water broken at 7:30 she was in my arms at 3:21pm I only made it till 9:30ish before I needed my epi but I am SUPER happy with my birth story

ETA- I did have to have internal monitoring and synthetic amniotic fluids added but I don't think that's the norm, I was a high risk pregnancy.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!

Last edited by kaia.aline; 01-30-2013 at 10:56 AM.
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #15
momtoesther
Registered Users
seller

this is my story too. I live 75 minutes from the nearest hospital. My 1st was induced at 42 weeks and it was a terrible experience. with my second, I thought I just had braxton hicks, but at my last ob appt my dr told me to go to the hospital because I was 4 cm. I got there, they broke my water, and 45 minutes later my DD was born. so scared to have a baby in our van, but even more scared of a second inducement.