Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Started working out Jan 2nd!

I had gotten to the point where I was so disgusted with myself I hated to look into the mirror. How does one get that way, simple, stop being active, watching what you eat and getting very sick.

Yep, I did all 3, I stopped being active a long time ago, like probably about 16 when I got a drivers license because after all, who needed to bike 10-15 miles a day anymore, I can drive.

I never watched what I ate, then I got thyroid disease, put on 50lbs in 6 months and it was downhill from there, because now with the disease, it is so much harder to come off. Then I fought infertility for 6 years, finally beat it getting preggo with C. During the pregnancy I was diagnosed with GD, so I had to take care of what I ate, because baby NEEDED to be healthy!

Then later I found out that running was fun, and so I started running, because I wanted to get the weight off, and it could be done on a TM at home, it was quick and I could still nurse her on demand. I still was not dropping weight like everyone else, so I went and got tested to see what else was up in my body............ding ding ding, you won Insulin Resistance! Yippy, right.....ugh!

Then I got really sick last March, to the point where David said he was taking me to the ER no matter what! I was 2 days away from hitting the 18mo milestone of nursing my baby.....I got admitted for Colitis. We later found out I had a disease called Ulcerative Colitis, diet and such do not make huge differences because this is autoimmune.

I went on heavy doses of steroids and finally hit remission in July/Aug, I got pregnant at the end of June, nothing could be better.....except I had extra weight on.....ugh, still the stupid weight We went in for an OB appt and found out that I miscarried It was the most horrible time of my life, I started to live on even more crap, chocolate and potato chips.....and pain killers to sleep

We went and had C's 2 year pics done by an old family friend who take amazing pics, and she wanted to do a few of us as well....I hated every single one where I am in them.......I was gonna work out, I had Chalean Extreme and resistance bands, so here I go. I would start and never make it past the 2nd week.

December came, I was looking for something to wear to David's Christmas party, I came out of 4 stores with nothing to wear and was reduced to tears, I vowed that day it will not happen next Chrstmas party, I would go into any store and be able to buy off the rack and it for or be bigger. So I popped TurboFire onto my Amazon wish list, little did I know that I was being shipped to me, my parents bought it for me.

After the Christmas party there was a pic that came home, I hate that one too.......I needed to work out and get into shape, I needed to love myself! I decided to become avtive on Team BeachBody.com and found a challenge group that was starting in Jan. This was it, I was gonna do it this time!

Here are my 30 day pics.

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good for you!! I can definitely tell a difference. Keep up the good wok! This forum is great for accountability.
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Started working out Jan 2nd!

Way to go mama!!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yeah Mel! Look at your waistline! Great job!!

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 02-04-2013 at 11:55 AM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Sakari
Registered Users

Good for YOU!!!!! You have excellent motivation and determination, I can tell! I love the pics! Keep 'em comin! You've GOT this!

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here are my 90 day pics.....and I plan on changing up my diet to more South Beach. There should have been more change but I was flaring again and needing steroids to get back into remission.....ugh!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

No way Mel, I see tons of change!!! You did awesome girl! Can't wait to see what you accomplish with round 2, I'll be right behind ya! BTW, if you want to see my pics I put them in the big mamas thread, last page or two I think.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow!!! You can see a difference. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #9
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmonkey
Here are my 90 day pics.....and I plan on changing up my diet to more South Beach. There should have been more change but I was flaring again and needing steroids to get back into remission.....ugh!
I love how your LO is right there with you, she's so proud! Great job. I just came off phase 1 of the south beach diet and I am amazed at the results. I dropped 8 lbs, lost 1 inch around my hips, 2 around my belly, and 3 around my waist (bottom of rib cage). I am now on phase 2 and started working out, it's crazy how much my metabolism has sped up and the difference in even your attitude 14 days can make. Good luck!

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote