Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
7 for now
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 2,035
We ordered ours new from GMC. We got a 12 passenger one. We went from 2 Suburbans previously and I did not want boring church van white. We ordered new knowing we would have It many years. We have had it over 5 years now and no major repairs, knock on wood. We added every upgrade available and got a maroon color. It also has dual DVD screens in it. I would order one again if we ever needed to to get what we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
thekuligs's Avatar
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,156
My Mood:
Re: Where to buy: Passenger Vans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I know it's hard. We looked for at last 3 or 4 months. Like I said, my baby who we were buying it for was born 2 months prior to us getting it. (It wasn't for him, but because of him we were buying a new vehicle. You know what I mean. ) We looked at a lot of junk too. I'm sorry it's so hard to find something. We also looking on autotrader.com. If you haven't tried them, try it. Praying you find something soon.
That was where I found these too. One of them every inch of paint was cracked and peeling; odd how it didn't look that way in the picture. ANYWAY it was at the top of our price range--and the car dealer has a right to try and justify it by saying that they didn't know it would do that when the peeled off all the stickers; and they paid a lot for it at auction. UM OK that doesn't mean you are going to get people to pay that price.

The other van had the whole back pannel painted over with matt interior paint which I suspect had been rusted as it had a ding above the bummer which looked like it had bad body work done. It was such a shame too because it had a sliding door.
__________________
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
thekuligs's Avatar
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,156
My Mood:
Re: Where to buy: Passenger Vans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
We ordered ours new from GMC. We got a 12 passenger one. We went from 2 Suburbans previously and I did not want boring church van white. We ordered new knowing we would have It many years. We have had it over 5 years now and no major repairs, knock on wood. We added every upgrade available and got a maroon color. It also has dual DVD screens in it. I would order one again if we ever needed to to get what we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
We don't believe in debt, or buying new vehicles really; the price depreciates so quickly. So unfortunatly that isn't an option for us.
__________________
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
7 for now
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 2,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuligs

We don't believe in debt, or buying new vehicles really; the price depreciates so quickly. So unfortunatly that isn't an option for us.
We don't believe in debt either. We have zero debt. Dh has a corporate American Express he uses for work travel. Besides that we have no credit cards, loans, or debt of any kind. We pay cash for everything.

We did decide to take on that debt short term so we could order exactly what we wanted. We also knew we would have the van much longer than the loan term. We put about 50% down and financed the rest at 0%. Plus dh's mom is retired from General Motors so we got her discount, which is even bigger when ordering a car. We paid the balance off in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
erin_c_odonnell's Avatar
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,347
My Mood:
Re: Where to buy: Passenger Vans

Subbing since I've got a feeling this will be us in a year. We buy cash too. Only ones I've heard of are police auctions.
__________________
Erin- Helpmeet to David, Deaf. Reformed Christian. Homeschooling. SAHM to 5 on earth, 3 in eternity and currently in the family way! Edd July 2014! Grow baby grow!
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #16
thekuligs's Avatar
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,156
My Mood:
Re: Where to buy: Passenger Vans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
We don't believe in debt either. We have zero debt. Dh has a corporate American Express he uses for work travel. Besides that we have no credit cards, loans, or debt of any kind. We pay cash for everything.

We did decide to take on that debt short term so we could order exactly what we wanted. We also knew we would have the van much longer than the loan term. We put about 50% down and financed the rest at 0%. Plus dh's mom is retired from General Motors so we got her discount, which is even bigger when ordering a car. We paid the balance off in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
That's great! But you you can probably tell from your individual circumstances that it doesn't work that way for most people.
__________________
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
thekuligs's Avatar
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,156
My Mood:
Re: Where to buy: Passenger Vans

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Subbing since I've got a feeling this will be us in a year. We buy cash too. Only ones I've heard of are police auctions.
We seem to get a lot of former vegas shuttle busses here in town.


SO I finally found one I today that I think is the one! It's a Express 3500! And everything about it is great even the price. DH is going to go look at it tomorrow morning and I hope I am done with this quest!

Did find backup vehicle in Houston is this falls though but I'd rather get , have the mechanic check it out, and be done with it.

Edited--
I looked at it today, I thought for sure it was going to be a bust like the others. It was hard acting like I didn't want it LOL
__________________
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.