Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #61
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: for those w miscarriage after 7 weeks

well you called that one. around 6pm i started having major pains like my ovary exploded, contractions, major clots, major bleeding (and yes too much that i should have gone in) doubled over in pain crying - as bad as transition and i soaked 3 pads in an hr. each contraction @ 2mins apart pushed more blood out. i took 4 doses of herbs and the bleeding is way less but im clueless to why im even bleeding. I thought i passed all of the tissue. it was a perfect balloon shaped thing w nothing missing. perhaps I did too much.
im stuck on the couch and i know if i go in they will intubate to put me out for d &c cause I just ate a couple hrs ago and have been drinking juice. what an ordeal!!!

after 4 hrs of contrx 2-3 minutes part to where i was crying, my crawling to the bathroom, tons of blood later, i passed a huge piece of tissue that looked like chicken skin w a forming placenta. it was the size of my entire uterus and very healthy. (about 5x6 inches) i had been growing everything in me until last night which explains the very + tests and all my symptoms. just the fetus did not grow and was clearly dissinegrating.

ive had no nausea for 2 days. but after last night i also have little energy. bleeding is like a medium period now.

knowing what I do now, I would have never waited this long. i would have started herbs right after the 2nd ultrasound. i ended up delivery parts in me that were of 10 weeks gestation vs 7. and the difference in both miscarriages is a labor vs a heavy period. i feel so sad and angry for those of you who have had this. wow.

Advertisement

Last edited by homebirthmom; 02-02-2013 at 07:19 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #62
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So sorry this has been so hard on your body and emotions. major hugs mama.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #63
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: baby died at 7 weeks, delivered at 10 1/2 weeks :/

It sounds like it's over and you managed to stay home? I'm glad you were able to do it on your own as you had hoped. It's amazing how much blood and tissue is involved in a late first trimester miscarriage vs. an early one. (hug)
Old 02-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #64
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

I'm so sorry you had to go through so much physical and emotional pain and discomfort, but I'm glad for your sake that its over now. Miscarriage is so devastating. I couldn't imagine having to go through a late miscarriage on my own, I'm glad I had the D&C. Sending you many and hoping you are healing and coping ok.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #65
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im really glad I stayed home. i could barely be touched or talked to while I had contrx this time so i cannot imagine the bright lights, iv's and intrusive checks if in a hospital. again, was trying to avoid a d & c at all costs.

I am only able to do a little bit each day then it feel like I pulled something or my ovary is sore w major aching. very bright bleeding today. minimal now..
i am sick again tho, this time a thick sinus infection or stuffy head so I am taking antibiotics for that. my appetite is near nothing tho- so back to normal- and I am down 4 lbs. my hormones feel pretty normal finally so I can think straight and calmly, which also is bringing the sadness and want to make a plan for another. i have no clue when I will be healed or have a normal cycle tho so I have to wait on all that.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #66
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im really glad I stayed home. i could barely be touched or talked to while I had contrx this time so i cannot imagine the bright lights, iv's and intrusive checks if in a hospital. again, was trying to avoid a d & c at all costs.

I am only able to do a little bit each day then it feel like I pulled something or my ovary is sore w major aching. very bright bleeding today. minimal now..
i am sick again tho, this time a thick sinus infection or stuffy head so I am taking antibiotics for that. my appetite is near nothing tho- so back to normal- and I am down 4 lbs. my hormones feel pretty normal finally so I can think straight and calmly, which also is bringing the sadness and want to make a plan for another. i have no clue when I will be healed or have a normal cycle tho so I have to wait on all that.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #67
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I am so sorry mama. I am glad you were able to stay home and that everything turned out okay. I recently had a 6 week loss as well and I was totally shocked at how NOT "like a heavy period" it was. I had intense contractions, nausea like transition and definitely passed bits of tissue. I am a week out from it and feel like my bleeding has acted more like the stop and go of pp bleeding than a period. I was really not prepared for that. I wondered if maybe having 5 children before made my uterus treat it more like a birth. I can only imagine if I had been farther into the pregnancy like you were, how much more difficult the miscarriage would have been physically. Anyway, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss and for the traumatic few weeks it sounds like you have had. Thinking healing thoughts for you.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #68
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i believe I read your story about the loss. so sorry clearly its painful mentally no matter how far along but physically it sure does take time to heal. you describe the on and off postpartum bleeding to a T. and if you do a little too much one day, you are stuck on the couch next day bleeding a little more. i can easily get a lot of colostrum out too. its so weird to be in this place- so much like a birth.