Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 3rd - 9th

Glad to hear your DD isn't vomiting anymore. That is the worst!

My midwife said that there absolutely has to be someone there who's only job is for the kids. They would not be cool with them just sleeping without someone else there. I'm very lucky that I have lots of family nearby so it's a non issue for us. I imagine that's very stressful to have to plan I hope it's worked out soon for peace of mind!

My DH is planning to take a week off when babies are born, and maybe work from home when he can that week. I'm sure someone will be here with me for a while, but it's more difficult when it's not my DH. Unfortunately, with his job, there is no paid leave, although he can take off basically as much time as he wants. However, we still like to eat, so I guess we will see how it goes. If it's too hard, he can help out more at home, and that's what an emergency fund is for, right? With our first he took off the day she was born, and the next 1/2 day, and was right back at work. I don't know he's ever taken off a week for a baby before, but now seems like a good time to start

Dr. appt. tomorrow. I was supposed to see the assistant person because I rescheduled my appt from last week, but when they called today, they said the Dr. needed to see me and I had to schedule for a different time tomorrow. It's making me a bit nervous. Most likely it's nothing, but they probably just got all my last lab work and my last u/s. It's hard getting to the dr with no energy, long waits, trying to find childcare for my four. I'm so over it. I was looking forward to in and out with the assistant. And now they are making me stress, probably for no reason

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
I don't know he's ever taken off a week for a baby before, but now seems like a good time to start

Dr. appt. tomorrow. I was supposed to see the assistant person because I rescheduled my appt from last week, but when they called today, they said the Dr. needed to see me and I had to schedule for a different time tomorrow. It's making me a bit nervous. Most likely it's nothing, but they probably just got all my last lab work and my last u/s. It's hard getting to the dr with no energy, long waits, trying to find childcare for my four. I'm so over it. I was looking forward to in and out with the assistant. And now they are making me stress, probably for no reason
Total YES to that first sentence, lol!

that it's nothing major, just results they want to give you. KUP, mama.

AFM: DD is feeling back to normal, had a long and good night's sleep, gone to school (field trip) today - with lots of fluids in tow and instructions to drink them all! AND, bonus - no more puking from anyone last night, so I got to sleep through. Lovely! Now I'm rested up again so someone can start tonight

Hoping to get some pics uploaded today, maybe even take my 30 week one
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had my 28 weeks appointment today with my midwife, I passed the GD test and we talked about her not being as active. She wants me to do kick counts, she said after eating lay on my side and I need to feel 10 kicks in 2 hours.
She's also measuring 3 weeks ahead so she's sending me for another u/s in a couple weeks. Last appointment she measured 2 weeks ahead. I haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy so I think she was surprised!
The good news is that she told me starting in March they'll be offering water births! So I'm excited to do some research on that! I didn't get any pain meds with DS, but the idea of trying water to see if it helps with the pain is nice
Old 02-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #24
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

hope your appt is just routine - no stress!

and glad to hear no one is puking in Elena's house!

and yay for a water birth, Denise! Lots of good info in the labor and delivery forum. There's a few thread with questions and good answers, etc that aren't too old.

AFM: not a lot to report. I hate to jump the gun and say that our childcare issue is resolved, but it's looking very very good. DH asked someone he works with that is single and lives on base - she's willing, so now he just has to clear it with his chief, which he says is a done deal, but until he actually has the conversation with him, I'm not calling it done. But, she came over to help with our cats when we went to Texas and was very sweet with Magnolia, so I'm hoping it works out. We'll pretty much be FORCED to have a date night to give them a trial run of hanging out together...

so, big sighs all around.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are still trying to find someone to watch our 4 when I go in to labor...my mom is 4.5 hours away, and is planning to come, but I USUALLY have short (under 2 hour) labors, so I am thinking we need a back-up just in case. We are new to this area, so don't know a lot of people, especially people we trust our kids with.

Has anyone else given up on shaving? lol...I am down to once a week, and make an effort before my midwife appt (just in case), but it is getting really tough! I just can't bend that way anymore.

Also, my braxton hicks are really picking up. And while I have a few here and there throughout the day, they always really pick up @ 6:30 pm...weird.
Wonder if I will have an evening baby.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

interesting.. never thought about the timing of BH to be similar to when you'd go into labor. Maybe..

I think I drink less water while making dinner, helping DH with whatever and keeping DD entertained at night. so, I might notice my BH more then. That and I usually stall going pee when I'm busy like that, so I generally notice when BH happens because it seems to push against my bladder. I dunno.

It is hard when you're new to an area to find someone you trust with your kids. For us, it's also hard when you know people, but you'd prefer someone without kids to do it. lol. I don't know a whole lot of people without kids.

shaving.. no, still shaving BUT.... I think the kiddo is keeping a foot up high on the right side because it is getting hard to bend over that direction. My left leg.. no problemo. My right leg? feels like there's a body part keeping me from bending over to get that one. So, I can totally see how that would happen I do love how slowly my leg hair seems to grow when I'm pregnant though
Old 02-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #27
Janelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have never noticed a "pattern" w/ my braxton hicks before, so dh and I joke I will go in to labor @ 6:30
I doubt it is going to happen, but it is weird they start at the same time every night.

Yeah, most of our friends here don't have kids, but they all work, so that makes it tough. Hopefully I get lots of "symptoms" and can call my mom really early on in labor.

I know! Cool about the leg hair! Mine is growing real slow too. I am sure dh will be glad when I can shave more often though. I am the opposite. I can do the right leg fine, it is the left leg that I can't reach well. Although this little one likes to shove a foot up under my rib, and then any type of bending is tough.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #28
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Man, I'm extra hairy. I don't shave as often in the winter cuz I'm lazy. But I jokingly told DH the other day I needed to either shave my legs or french braid it. ;P
I'm seriously having trouble reaching my thighs....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #29
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm a shaver. Evey shower everywhere

My Braxton hicks are hurting more and more and I feel like back has dropped at times. It's getting sooo close!!!!

I haven't started nesting, part of me wants to but the other part has no time and knows the projects that lay ahead

Between homeschooling, gymnastics, house maintaining and cooking my days go so fast

I have horrible insomnia. I'm up at least 2-3 hrs during the night, hate it

My eczema/ gluten rash is in a total flare. I am out of steroid cream which means I have toile an apt with the dr, which I hate but I need to cream.

I have 2 teeth pulled yesterday and that totally sucked. The Novocain without epinephrine doesn't work well or as long. I felt it all!!!!

My kids were sick for a whole week. 105 fevers and everything. I am crossing my fingers i don't get it!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #30
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
I'm a shaver. Evey shower everywhere

My Braxton hicks are hurting more and more and I feel like back has dropped at times. It's getting sooo close!!!!

I haven't started nesting, part of me wants to but the other part has no time and knows the projects that lay ahead

Between homeschooling, gymnastics, house maintaining and cooking my days go so fast

I have horrible insomnia. I'm up at least 2-3 hrs during the night, hate it

My eczema/ gluten rash is in a total flare. I am out of steroid cream which means I have toile an apt with the dr, which I hate but I need to cream.

I have 2 teeth pulled yesterday and that totally sucked. The Novocain without epinephrine doesn't work well or as long. I felt it all!!!!

My kids were sick for a whole week. 105 fevers and everything. I am crossing my fingers i don't get it!!!
Wow, hope things go better for you!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote