Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #21
HeidiMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How quick do your LOs wean?

Of my 7, the earliest weaned herself at 2 years. The longest are now my twins, who are still nursing 1 to 2 times a day at 3 years 7 months. They are the last and I am cherishing these last few days, weeks or months of nursing!

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Earliest was 9 months (my body slowed milk production way way down because of an illness and probably the medicine I was on ... I dropped 20 pounds below my normal weight and for my own health, I switched over to formula). Longest was 22 months ... my goal has always been 18 months but because of pregnancies and other health issues that hasn't always happened.

Last edited by Adamsmama; 01-30-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Adamsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama
Earliest was 9 months (my body slowed milk production way way down because of an illness and probably the medicine I was on ... I dropped 20 pounds below my normal weight and for my own health, I switched over to formula). Longest was 22 months ... my goal has always been 18 months but because of pregnancies and other health issues that hasn't always happened.
This was me for the last baby (8m). I've had one to wean at 6m because I was preggo and didn't have enough milk. All the rest were 18m or so.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #24
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

My daughter weaned at 9 months, not really so much by choice but my milk supply was really low and it wasn't satisfying to her. She needed more and eventually just gave up on trying. My oldest boy weaned at 15 months, I think? It was about there, maybe closer to 16. He gave up when the boob turned out to be less portable than a cup. My middle son weaned at 11 months after a week long nursing strike caused my milk to dry up too much. He wanted to go back but my milk supply took forever to pick up enough, so he gave up. My littlest is 7 1/2 months and he's still almost exclusively breastfed. We're doing baby led weaning, so that's probably a lot of it. He mostly just plays and "tastes" food, but he's big on the "boob juice" as my boyfriend calls it. My boyfriend and I are both hoping he'll make it to the 2 year mark, but we're not going to hold our breath. I would love to have one extended nurser!
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote