Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you left spacing up to god (or chance)...

Sadly we didn't leave it in the LORDs hands until our first daughter came along. Our girls are 21 months apart. I think I tend to ovulate about 10 months postpartum, cause I have been able to tell most of the time and that's when I believe I started with each, it typically is right around when we start solid foods too. I have been trying to just be laid back and leave things in the LORDs timing but when I resume cycles I have a very hard imse not getting obsessed about getting pregnant right off lol

I would love to skip having periods and just get pregnant though guess we will see what happens this time. We are hoping for a large family and are getting older. I am 34 and dh is 40.

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #32
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

My first two are 13 years apart, but there are other factors.

Numbers 2 and 3 are 22 months apart. Numbers 3 and 4 are 25 months apart.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #33
megshmeg
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.
Like others said, every woman is different and every woman has different fertility signs or minimal signs. At times in my cycle I have not have much obvious EWCM when I am ovulating and I know some women even do internal checks because their outward signs are not as obvious.

We have never used birth control and I have had one miscarriage in 2008, then we had our DS in 2009, then one miscarriage in between, then our DD in 2012.
megshmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #34
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For our second we were leaving it up to chance, NTNP, but since our DD took 2 years to conceive we never really expected to become pregnant without actively trying.
They will be 20 months apart.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #35
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD #1 and DS #1 are 30mnths apart to the hour
DS #1 and DD #2 are 18mnths apart
DD #2 and DS #2 will be 30mnths apart

I have been bf'ing non-stop for 6yrs and 4mnths.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #36
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:

22 months
20 months
21 months
So we average 21 months

Weird thing is I'm hypothyroid and have 45day cycles with an 8 day luteal phase. That doesn't slow down my ability to get preg I guess!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #37
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
Sadly we didn't leave it in the LORDs hands until our first daughter came along. Our girls are 21 months apart. I think I tend to ovulate about 10 months postpartum, cause I have been able to tell most of the time and that's when I believe I started with each, it typically is right around when we start solid foods too. I have been trying to just be laid back and leave things in the LORDs timing but when I resume cycles I have a very hard imse not getting obsessed about getting pregnant right off lol

I would love to skip having periods and just get pregnant though guess we will see what happens this time. We are hoping for a large family and are getting older. I am 34 and dh is 40.
To the bolded, it CAN happen. I just got a BFP tonight, AF has/had not returned and I tested on a whim. While EBF as well, except we have been intrducing solids over the last month or so.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmartin View Post
To the bolded, it CAN happen. I just got a BFP tonight, AF has/had not returned and I tested on a whim. While EBF as well, except we have been intrducing solids over the last month or so.
That's great! congrats!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #39
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmartin View Post
Congrats! Reminds me of a friend from church. She has 5 kids age 10 and under- has NOT had 1 period in 10 years!!! She ebf each kid, and sometime around kids 15-18 mth she gets a "feeling" she's pregnant, tests, and yep! It's crazy! Never known anyone like her before
Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #40
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually don't make a lot of EWCM. I barely have any at all, and it's never enough to notice externally. The only reason I knew the exact day I ovulated was because of my cervical position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeneely View Post
It has nothing to do with God and everything to do with either planning it or doing 'it' without knowing you were ovulating or using protection.
I have NO idea how people have pleasant surprises - your discharge is clear and stretchy when you are ovulating. It is for everyone and you can feel it when you wipe so even if you weren't looking for signs, you would clearly notice.
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote