Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #321
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Well, I am not in the 2ww club! Yesterday was a peek fertility day and welll.....

Advertisement

Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #322
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

Great post! I leave all that up to God too. after all, I do trust him with the most important thing I have- my soul. If He can save my soul then he can help me with all the little details in life. But I am almost 29 and with only one (I also had one m/c). much respect to you ladies in your early twenties with so many.
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #323
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 25 and have 5 boys (ages 6, 5 (on the 19th), 3, 21 months and 1 month
Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #324
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am 29 and have 5
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #325
Phin'sMom
Registered Users
seller

I think this is my first post here but lately I have been dealing with bitterness towards other mom's who are just coming into this way of thinking that are in their mid-late thirties. I understand that no matter your point in life it's a leap of faith BUT really I am 25 and have had 3 in just under 3 years.....lol it sounds terrible but I am totally struggling.
Anyway, I am Laura! My boys are 3, 1 and 3 months, I am from a quiverful (i don't like the word but what ever) family, so they are of course open to any and all of our babies (my parents only ended up with 4 children on earth and many many in heaven). But I worry about my in-laws, I think my FIL has things he would like to say but my MIL keeps his mouth shut, I am sure they worry about us but that's for them to deal with not us . As my mother in law says, their first was her idea and look how that turned out, number two (DH) was his dad's idea and look how that turned out (eyeroll) but ds3 was God's idea and that turned out so good. (gag me with a spoon they play blatant favorites). I am working really hard to keep them from doing it with our boys, anytime they try I just point it out and I don't think they mean too but just do it instinctively with our oldest.
That was chatty..lol

But another reason for posting is that I am finding myself to be a little bit bitter (again) about the fact I can't let my kids run around when we go places where other people are (even if it's not the right place for it). They must not touch anything when we go to the store, they must keep their hand on the cart 100% of the time, they must talk in soft voices because even if it's ok for one kid to do it it's not ok for 5 or 6 or what ever number to do "blank". It's hard to make them behave lol.
My mom commented this afternoon when she watched us walk into costco, "how is it that the newly 3 year old is the 'big boy the 'responsible' one." and she was proud of me and my parenting for the fact that Phinehas could be the one to walk and close the van door and hold my membership card. I felt so sad for him, does that make sense? (the funny thing is that I was thinking the same thing as I walked in, watching another mama walk out carrying her 3ish year old.)
But I also got an awesome complement in goodwill today too, just to share. A lady complemented me on being such a patient mom, little did she know that talking softly and asking my kids please and thank you is scarier then yelling lol.

Just saying hello!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #326
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin'sMom
I think this is my first post here but lately I have been dealing with bitterness towards other mom's who are just coming into this way of thinking that are in their mid-late thirties. I understand that no matter your point in life it's a leap of faith BUT really I am 25 and have had 3 in just under 3 years.....lol it sounds terrible but I am totally struggling.
Anyway, I am Laura! My boys are 3, 1 and 3 months, I am from a quiverful (i don't like the word but what ever) family, so they are of course open to any and all of our babies (my parents only ended up with 4 children on earth and many many in heaven). But I worry about my in-laws, I think my FIL has things he would like to say but my MIL keeps his mouth shut, I am sure they worry about us but that's for them to deal with not us . As my mother in law says, their first was her idea and look how that turned out, number two (DH) was his dad's idea and look how that turned out (eyeroll) but ds3 was God's idea and that turned out so good. (gag me with a spoon they play blatant favorites). I am working really hard to keep them from doing it with our boys, anytime they try I just point it out and I don't think they mean too but just do it instinctively with our oldest.
That was chatty..lol

But another reason for posting is that I am finding myself to be a little bit bitter (again) about the fact I can't let my kids run around when we go places where other people are (even if it's not the right place for it). They must not touch anything when we go to the store, they must keep their hand on the cart 100% of the time, they must talk in soft voices because even if it's ok for one kid to do it it's not ok for 5 or 6 or what ever number to do "blank". It's hard to make them behave lol.
My mom commented this afternoon when she watched us walk into costco, "how is it that the newly 3 year old is the 'big boy the 'responsible' one." and she was proud of me and my parenting for the fact that Phinehas could be the one to walk and close the van door and hold my membership card. I felt so sad for him, does that make sense? (the funny thing is that I was thinking the same thing as I walked in, watching another mama walk out carrying her 3ish year old.)
But I also got an awesome complement in goodwill today too, just to share. A lady complemented me on being such a patient mom, little did she know that talking softly and asking my kids please and thank you is scarier then yelling lol.

Just saying hello!
don't feel bad.....I fight it all the time and still get preggo and am upset about it. I'm 30 and just tested positive for baby #8! My biggest worry is money.....there is never enough $$$$$$ we are human and will falter. Keep your head up. My last three are all boys 5,3,1 (in 9 days). It's REAL fun.

Last edited by lisathib123; 02-06-2013 at 05:04 PM.
lisathib123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #327
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 25 with 5 boys ages 6 to 1 month. It IS hard some days but trust in Lord
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #328
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
LOL! I had to edit my post....I wrote "I don't feel bad" I meant "don't feel bad". Doing too many things at one time :-/
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #329
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phin'sMom View Post
That was chatty..lol

Just saying hello!
Hey! My boys are 3, 2, & 8 months and I'm 25 too.

I broke my tailbone last week, a little nervous about getting pregnant now, but oh so wanting to get a BFP soon!

Last edited by MrsAsh; 02-06-2013 at 10:09 PM.
MrsAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #330
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Laura- its not an easy road to walk and I'm pretty sure each of us have our days David and I married when he was 25 and I was 23 so we missed having kids at a younger age. We have friends who married at 17 and now are having their 2 nd baby- mom had an extremely traumatic first birth on top of that and their faith is unparalleled. I want to be them but reality is we ALL have fears, sin in worrying, sometimes are bitter etc. effects of being human in a fallen world. I'd say I'm only quiver full ~90% of the time there are times throughout our marriage I'm praying hard for babies and times when I'm praying hard for no more (especially right after a kiddo is born). Now the only thing is that we don't do is BC. We did for the first 8 months of marriage and never since. But there have been times we've both been- lets do protection but that conviction comes back and we end up vetoing the idea everytime. In 10 years we've been pregnant 8 times. I wouldn't trade any of my kiddos for anything. Buts definitely not all peaches and cream. Raising children is hard work whether its 1 or 20 :P grace is what sees us through.
Not sure where my ramblings are going but I guess I just want to encourage you to hang in there. Take it one day at a time and know each of us here is going through the same trials- you're not alone