Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: What was your first reaction when you got your positive pregnacy test?

Stunned disbelief for both. With DD1, we were actively preventing. We wanted kids, but were SO broke and wanted to wait until we were married. With DD2 we had been trying for 2 years and I had worked myself up microanalyzing my symptoms so many times only to discover my "early pregnancy symptoms" were simply PMS. I had brought my phone and my GYN's number into the bathroom with me because if that test had shown up negative, I was going ot call him per his instructions to make an appointment to see what other methods we could use to help my fertility.

With DD1 I then frantically read and reread the instructions to make sure what I was seeing was real, and then immediately tried ot call DH, who was in our cell services armpit and wasn't reachable. I then called my best friend who wasn't home, but walked in the door as I blurted out the news to her husband, who congratulated me. I was so panicked by it, that was the first moment since I saw the lines that I had actually thought that this could be a good thing. And then I relaxed. Money would be an issue, but I'd been with DH for 10 years, we wanted kids, so yes this was a good thing.

With DD2, I was so incredibly happy I was shaking once the disbelief wore off. I texted my husband, and shortly after he texted me back I posted on the TTC forum here for everyone to verify. Once verified (why I needed that I don't know, I think I was just afraid I was wrong), I called my doctor to get a blood test done.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #22
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The first time I was so happy that I shook and cried. We had been TTC for 7.5 months. My mom struggled with infertility for 8 years. I has assumed that I was doomed to bear the same burden. I couldn't believe I was actually pregnant. I jumped up and down. I looked in the mirror and told myself out-loud that I was pregnant. I was so happy.

The second time, I was happy and relieved. We had been TTC for 10 months. I was annoyed that it was taking so long. I was very, very happy.

The third time was completely unexpected. I had a 3 month old exclusively breastfed baby. I was pumping an extra 20 ounces a day for donation. I never imagined that pregnancy could happen to me so soon. I bawled like a baby. I'm currently around 7 weeks into that pregnancy. My first u/s in the morning. I'm still not in a good place with this pregnancy. This was not what I planned. I wanted more children but I was going to put a good gap between our second and third. I'm really struggling.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 AM   #23
davidsgirl777
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Loved reading all your reactions!

#1 - Took a test 12 days after my wedding night! Exactly 28 days after my last period and 5 days after we got home from our honeymoon. I was feeling weird and ask my new hubby to pick up pregnancy tests. I looked at it and didn't see anything. Looked at it a little closer and saw a hint of a line. We were freaking out! Read the paper that came with the pt's over and over. My husband even called the number given to ask if a faint line means anything. I cried, we cried, but weren't unhappy...just shocked since I was on BC!

#2- very unexpected since #1 was only 4 months or so at the time and I was breast feeding. We laughed that we had fertility like my hubby's family and were trying to beat his mom's timing. My MIL had 9 children, all 2 years apart.

#3- I bawled my eyes out. We were trying but THAT month we decided to stop so we could focus on school. We used condoms religiously because we planned for me to get an IUD. We don't know how it happened but we got pregnant using a condom! She was truly our miracle baby though she never lived on earth!

#4- FINALLY a planned child! We were thrilled and in disbelief! It took a year and a half after Davids testicle was removed b/c of cancer to get pregnant! But it was perfect timing!!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #24
lovemuppet
Registered Users
seller
seller

#1 - Overjoyed! We tried for 3 years for her and when the test came up positive, I sat in the bathroom and sobbed uncontrollably. It was around 5AM and DH was sleeping in. I went up and was about to tell him, but he saw I was crying. He then said, "What's the matter?! Did the dog die?!" Because apparently the dog dying in the middle of the night is the only reason why someone should cry at 5AM. She was born healthy 9 months later (and the dog is still alive too!)

#2 - TOTAL shock. On Christmas Eve, I went to the store to buy the ingredients so my mom and DD could make cookies for Santa. I picked up a test because it was only like $6 for two and I like to pee on things. I got back to my Mom's house (we were staying there for Christmas), took the test and it immediately popped up positive. Two weeks before, I had my wisdom teeth removed by IV sedation and was unknowingly pregnant! I am excited now (DH was pretty excited since the moment I showed him the test), but it took me a little bit. I had just sold a ton of DD's baby clothes, loaned all my dipes to my brother and SIL, and finally settled on the idea of DD being the only child I'd give birth to. We weren't trying. We had TALKED about maybe starting to try, but it always came back to "do we really want to start over?" and "she is SUCH a handful, what if we get another one just like her?". So, I had pretty much written off the idea. LOL.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lovemuppet
lovemuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #25
kanga1622
Registered Users

1. Utter shock. We had been TTC and charting for 3 years and I had started to give up hope. Lost that baby a week later.

2. What???! This BFP was 6 weeks after our m/c so a huge shock. Prog script called in and everything went great. Welcome DS!

3. OMG!! Shock and kinda freaked. We had been NTNP for 2 months. Honestly I figured it would take years again if it ever happened. Lost that baby 2 weeks later as doc wouldn't prescribe prog.

4. Sorta expected. BFP 6 weeks after our m/c again. Called the doc as soon as they opened and my new doc called in my prog script. We are 20 weeks today and it still hasn't fully sunk in that we will be parents to 2 kids in a few short months.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Last edited by kanga1622; 02-06-2013 at 05:54 AM.
kanga1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
amesbaker
Registered Users

I just found out a week and a half ago I am pregnant with #3 and I was pretty surprised, even though we had been trying. I thought I was out for the month because my temps weren't great and we had only been actively trying for a month! But those 2 lines popped up very quickly! I am super excited now of course
amesbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #27
becky1231
Registered Users

with 1 I was so excited we had been trying for a couple years and after many negatives I couldn't believe it when I saw the postive. I called everyone I could think of asap.

2. We were ntnp since it took so long to have to ds1. Little did I know it wouldn't take as long, I remember the reason why I decided to test was because I was bawling watching an episode of Roseanne. I wasn't even late yet. I was very happy about but I was the only that was. I will spare you the details of the fight that happened when I told DH but needless to say I was not happy with his responsel

3 oh my sweet ds2. Hubby and I had always gone back and forth over a 3rd and he would kinda hold it over my head to get his way. If you do this for me we can have a 3rd type thing. This went on for a while and he would always change his mind after getting his way. I accepted that I would only have DS1 and DD. We were using NFP and I had told DH that it wasn't a time to dtd with out protection but he chose not to listen. Long story short I knew that night i was preggo though he didn't believe me and it took until i was about a week late before he would let me test. I am so ery happy now that my little man is here and i love him to bits but when I took that test and it came up positive I was so upset. I took the test while it was still wet and through it at DHs head. It took months to be OK with it. Hubby was excited about though it just took longer for me to get to that place.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #28
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

#1 - WTF? Is that a positive? (I was 18 yrs old and hubby and I had only been dating 3-4 months )

#2 - Pure excitement, I had to call DH right away. I had used a digi so it was amazing to see the "pregnant" come up on the screen. We had been trying for 8 cycles.

#3 - Surprise, a little scared (we didn't plan this one, we conceived after my 3rd PP AF that was not very predictable) and I wasn't sure how hubby was gonna react, but he was happy even though I was almost in tears (scared he was going to be not-so-happy).

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #29
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
#1 - I laughed. We had been trying for 4 years. I had symptoms of pg but had gotten 2 negative tests the week before. I hate seeing bfn so I stopped testing. Dh and I had just had a huge argument and I was terribly emotional. He made me go to the bathroom and test. When 2 lines showed up I started laughing uncontrollably. Ds's name is Isaac...which means "laughter". Ds was conceived around cd25...my dr was totally perplexed.

#2 - we had been trying again for almost 2 years. I had just had a failed clomid cycle and was depressed. My best friend had just announced her pregnancy and I was devastated (though happy for her). I decided to start my next round of clomid that night so I tested before I started the provera. I got a faint bfp and freaked out!!! Turns out I was actually due BEFORE my friend. I had gotten pregnant around cd30-35. My dr couldn't make sense of it...again. I told him I serve a God in the business of miracles.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #30
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first son, I was thrilled from the get go. We hadn't been really trying, but we decided to stop using birth control and if it happened it happened. I had a miscarriage 6 months prior so was thrilled.

With DS2, we were actively trying, so again, I was thrilled.

With DS3, I got two lines and said "Oh crap." Took a few deep breaths to process, then showed the test to DH. I wasn't surprised though, I just KNEW I Was pregnant. Timing wasn't great, but I was still happy once I got past the actual KNOWING for sure.

With Bella, my period was 2 days late.. again, I said "Oh crap." This time I cried. Timing wasn't good and while I did want another baby, DH was adamantly against a fourth. But by the next day I was really happy, and DH called me from work to tell me he loved me and how blessed we were to be having another baby.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote