Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #11
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Need a little support

I'm in a similar position. My OB is concerned that this baby will be big, so I'm getting an ultrasound on Friday (which I don't really agree with but I'm going along with it). My girls were 9lbs 2oz and 8lbs 13oz....both of them were stuck because of their shoulders. My first midwife was panicked when it happened and called for backup, but she came out fine.

My concern is that my OB is going to want to induce me if baby doesn't come by it's due date. Both my girls were late--11 days and 7 days--so I expect this one to be late as well.

I will be thinking about you and praying for you!

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Im worried this one is bigger than my other 2 tiny babies......and of course, this one will be at home:/ and i tear.........with 6.5 & 6.8lb babies o.O
Yikes, that would worry me too.
Somehow, I really have no clue why/how, I've managed not to tear with my births. I'm sure it's something different with each mama. this baby's birth will be gentle on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
My concern is that my OB is going to want to induce me if baby doesn't come by it's due date. Both my girls were late--11 days and 7 days--so I expect this one to be late as well.
Is he just thinking that based on palpating, or are you measuring ahead?
If you're worried about him wanting to push induction based on baby's size, I would forgo the u/s - just in case it "confirmed" his worries and made him lean more towards induction. Especially with your history of going late, I just wouldn't want that extra stress.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #13
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

Is he just thinking that based on palpating, or are you measuring ahead?
If you're worried about him wanting to push induction based on baby's size, I would forgo the u/s - just in case it "confirmed" his worries and made him lean more towards induction. Especially with your history of going late, I just wouldn't want that extra stress.
I'm measuring ahead based on fundal height, but only by 1 cm or so, which isn't far off in my opinion. She also wants the ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid level because mine was a tad low at my 20 week ultrasound. If it weren't for the low fluid level, I would probably forgo the u/s.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
I'm measuring ahead based on fundal height, but only by 1 cm or so, which isn't far off in my opinion. She also wants the ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid level because mine was a tad low at my 20 week ultrasound. If it weren't for the low fluid level, I would probably forgo the u/s.
Gotcha. I wouldn't be too worried about baby's size with only a 1cm difference - that's well within normal measurements! Definitely would get the fluid levels checked out, though, just for safety's sake.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote