Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #131
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Currently failing at paleo right now. I looked at my jar of coconut oil the other day and almost ralphed. It seems like the only things I'm intrested in eating is pasta, bread and rice and beans. Gotta work on that..

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #132
tink90
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't do great while I was pregnant either......it got easier the 2nd trimester

*.~.~.*Petalheads*.~.~.*
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1484149
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petal...61515813886015
tink90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #133
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay View Post
Currently failing at paleo right now. I looked at my jar of coconut oil the other day and almost ralphed. It seems like the only things I'm intrested in eating is pasta, bread and rice and beans. Gotta work on that..

I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Just eat the healthiest you can! Coming from me, right now (the prego lady with cookies, pasta and corn chips in the pantry), that is a joke. But do the best that you you can. I make sure that my stuff is at least 'real' food most of the time, and for now, I feel okay with that.

Last edited by AmberP; 02-06-2013 at 12:49 AM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #134
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

How is February treating everyone?

I ate REAL meat tonight!!! It was chopped up and hidden in a taco, but I ate it without gagging! Baby steps =D
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #135
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I feel like crud. I've beed BAD the last 3 weeks and its finally catching up with me. I have way less energy and just plain ole don't feel good. I NEED to get back in the saddle. So far today I have been primal...its a start. Scrambled egg whites with gouda cheese....coffee with 2tsp heavy cream. I will have a taco salad with avocado for lunch.

I'm trying to balance paleo with dieting....I'm loosing weight eating crap....I need to figure out a paleo menu that will hopefully let me loose weight.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #136
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you maybe not getting enough calories while eating paleo? I know my weight doesn't drop when I am only getting 1000-1200 a day, and I was having a really hard time getting it higher than that for a while.

ETA I would kill for a cup of good coffee with cream right now.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #137
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking View Post
We loooove fruit leathers. Lol.
We ate a lot of them for awhile...but then one day I didn't have one to send with DD and so I apologized and she said, "Oh, it's ok, I don't really like them anyway." I think she used to? But maybe we just had them too often? I dunno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
How is February treating everyone?

I ate REAL meat tonight!!! It was chopped up and hidden in a taco, but I ate it without gagging! Baby steps =D
WOOOOOOOOOOO!! Baby steps! I'm so proud ;-)

Feb is ok... I was out of town and at the mercy of my hosts to feed me well, ok, I could have brought all my own food for the 4 days, but I'm not at that point yet. I willingly ate what someone else cooked. Which was frozen pizza one night and tacos the next, so that was easier, I did eat one small corn tortilla, but then went back for seconds and skipped the tortilla - and called it a taco salad. I did eat the cheese and sour cream tho, so we couldn't really call it paleo....HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I feel like crud. I've beed BAD the last 3 weeks and its finally catching up with me. I have way less energy and just plain ole don't feel good. I NEED to get back in the saddle. So far today I have been primal...its a start. Scrambled egg whites with gouda cheese....coffee with 2tsp heavy cream. I will have a taco salad with avocado for lunch.

I'm trying to balance paleo with dieting....I'm loosing weight eating crap....I need to figure out a paleo menu that will hopefully let me loose weight.
I've been having better luck lately trying to watch my carb intake while eating paleo...cuz yeah, I'm trying to lose weight too! I love juicing, so that's an easy way to increase my volume of veggies. (btw, last week doesn't count - I gained a pound! and I spent 4 days not eating paleo...lol so paleo, and low carb, works for me I guess! )

I just started a weight loss challenge, too, it runs for 8 weeks! Wish me luck!

and yeah, I just went to the store without a menu plan. That was silly. I should do that...right now....

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #138
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Are you maybe not getting enough calories while eating paleo? I know my weight doesn't drop when I am only getting 1000-1200 a day, and I was having a really hard time getting it higher than that for a while.

ETA I would kill for a cup of good coffee with cream right now.
I think part of it is calories. I noticed over the last month when I eat around 1800 to 2000 calories...that's when I lose (keep in mind I'm 205lbs)....anything less than that and I stay static or even gain!

Its really hard to eat that many paleo calories without relying on a lot of meat (which I'm not naturally a big eater of).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post

I've been having better luck lately trying to watch my carb intake while eating paleo...cuz yeah, I'm trying to lose weight too! I love juicing, so that's an easy way to increase my volume of veggies. (btw, last week doesn't count - I gained a pound! and I spent 4 days not eating paleo...lol so paleo, and low carb, works for me I guess! )

I just started a weight loss challenge, too, it runs for 8 weeks! Wish me luck!

and yeah, I just went to the store without a menu plan. That was silly. I should do that...right now....
I I tried the suggestion on here to strain fresh juice and its much more palatable that way. What are some of your favorite juices?

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #139
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I think part of it is calories. I noticed over the last month when I eat around 1800 to 2000 calories...that's when I lose (keep in mind I'm 205lbs)....anything less than that and I stay static or even gain!

Its really hard to eat that many paleo calories without relying on a lot of meat (which I'm not naturally a big eater of).
I started eating tsp of coconut oil or kerrygold rofl. For a snack, I would go get a slice of butter and a piece of fruit, or some cashews. I also started drinking things like smoothies with full fat coconut milk. My favorite was coconut milk, frozen pineapple, ice and honey-- pina colada style.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #140
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hey ladies, i need to-go snack ideas. We're planning a trip to disneyland and id like to bring at least snacks. Ill probably bring some wi th me in ny luggage but we are also going to hit a walmart or something when we get there because we need to buy diapers
Also, breakfast! The hotel we are staying at provides continental breakfastand i can eat fruit, but id love some portable protein ideas. We will probably pick up some microwave breakfast sandwiches so that may have to do unless i can find something microwavable that doesn't have bread.