Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongwoman

I agree! I am the same height and it causes me to feel strained in the hips. I think height is a major factor. I still use it, just for short periods of time when I have to go shopping with all the kids.
Maybe try out a Petite Kinderpack?

Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
desibob
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ergo??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscia View Post
I havent done much babywearing, but I have the ergo with infant insert. My DD loves it and it is comfortable for me. I dont think I would like it so much in the summer because she stays so warm bundled up, but for winter it is perfect.
If you don't use the infant insert, how long do you have to wait to use the Ergo?
desibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #13
Brooke6102
Registered Users

I love my ergo with infant insert and baby loves it too! I have a moby but always go with my ergo
Brooke6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #14
lizcherry88
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm 5'5" and live in Florida, so it was important to me to find something that wouldn't make me and my babes sweat to death! We looked at a few different carriers and landed on the Moby. I've been using it for almost 3 months (started when dd was 2 days old) and have loved every minute of it! Gives us both great support, and that's saying a lot since we spend a lot of time at Sea World (for my 2yo son).
lizcherry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #15
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the heart to heart insert with the ergo with my first. It looks the same, maybe they just stopped using the name? It def worked but I really loved the sleepy wrap for early on. Though I loved my ergo, I have been researching SSC recently and have since learned that toddlers outgrow the ergo before alot of other carriers (for my DS was about 18m). If you want one to last for years you may want to consider other carriers. We are buying a toddler carrier now for my preschooler to make up for it.

I didn't have the sleepy wrap but BS was a few months old though, we went on alot of walks all in the ergo with the heart to heart it did work!

For #2 I would imagine that I would use the sleepy wrap (now called a boba wrap) for the first few months almost exclusively and the 3-6 months probably use both-ish. After around 6 months I would probably use the ergo again exclusively up until we need to you the toddler carrier I am getting now!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desibob View Post
If you don't use the infant insert, how long do you have to wait to use the Ergo?
I believe its needed for the first 3 months-ish. After we stopped using the insert, my son was more comfortable with a small blanket rolled up and put under him to give a little boost up in the carrier though.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Momo3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just swaddled my daughter in a swaddle blanket that velcroed rather then use the ergo insert.
Momo3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
NewMommy7
Registered Users

I am 5'7.5" and use the ergo sport with infant insert. My munchkin is 8lbs and she seems very comfortable. I have worn it for up to 2 hrs at a time so far and am very comfortable. I wear it with the bottom strap around my waist resting on my hips.

Last edited by NewMommy7; 02-07-2013 at 01:22 PM.
NewMommy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
Mellymel
Registered Users
seller

I used the ergo with the infant insert for my newborn and she LOVED it. It was the only way to calm my crying baby. But it was very hot and it wasn't even summer. She is now 5 months and 13lbs and does not really fit in the ergo currently she's so skinny and small and the ergos seat is very wide that her legs can't open wide enough for it. I just got the beco Gemini and I love it.
Mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #20
Feronia
Registered Users
seller

I used the Ergo from birth without the newborn insert (and she was 6 lbs 2 oz at birth). I have this head support thing that hooks onto it and I just roll up 2 receiving blankets at the bottom. It works like a charm!
Feronia is offline   Reply With Quote