Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #111
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

I think the pads look great! I can't imagine trying to make one of those! They look amazing, especially for a first time ever!!

I hope the longies end up coming out the way you want...I have no advice though :/ Never owned a pair, and certainly never made a pair.

Made two more bags and a pair of pajama pants for ds1. I woke up and started sewing...I just had ds1 bring his work into his room, and helped him along as I sewed. Still have more school to do though, that I can't sew during, so that is it until tonight, and I have Bible study, so I am just hoping to get a few more bags done if I can. (I hate working with pul...I don't like not being able to iron it!!

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #112
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! I can't wait to see pictures of all of your bags! I am still intimidated by zippers and PUL.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #113
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

And since I'm selling the pads I don't count them, right?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #114
carriecook'n'sew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDawn View Post
What part are you at? They always seem huge when I'm knitting them at first too, at least to me
I'm almost at the point where you switch to the legs (following the itchy fingers pattern i found on ravelry) and I think the rise looks like it will measure 3" longer than I meant to. I guess I didn't measure my gauge swatch very acurately . I know he can grow into them but it's my first try and I wanted him to HAVE a pair lol

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
ETSY STORE
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #115
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriecook'n'sew View Post
I'm almost at the point where you switch to the legs (following the itchy fingers pattern i found on ravelry) and I think the rise looks like it will measure 3" longer than I meant to. I guess I didn't measure my gauge swatch very acurately . I know he can grow into them but it's my first try and I wanted him to HAVE a pair lol
3" extra in rise is kind of a lot. Here's a suggestion though. You can always fold the waistband over and sew it down with yarn and put elastic in it to cut down on the rise, then if you need the extra rise later you can just undo it and put the drawstring in.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #116
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Point question here. I ordered some custom dyed yarn a while ago, but the dyer was out of the base I wanted so she is just getting it done. Do I have to count it against myself for the game since I am just getting it this month, but ordered it last month?
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #117
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Point question here. I ordered some custom dyed yarn a while ago, but the dyer was out of the base I wanted so she is just getting it done. Do I have to count it against myself for the game since I am just getting it this month, but ordered it last month?
No, it is not counted against you if your purchased last month. I have a small package of fabric coming I bought in Jan, but I do not have to deduct points.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #118
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here are the pants and the baggies Rhedesonia0 just let me know what the bags end up at...are they 7 each, or 7 no matter now many I make? Going to tally up my weeks points.

Last edited by MommyLyssa; 02-08-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #119
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Those baggies are awesome!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #120
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Because they are small but have a zipper... 2 per finished object?

(Sorry... Been gone most of the day as DS had 2 dr appts. )

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote