Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #121
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
Because they are small but have a zipper... 2 per finished object?

(Sorry... Been gone most of the day as DS had 2 dr appts. )
No worries! I mean, I didn't have to get my numbers for the week in tonight...

And I just realized I put a pic of dd up! Whoops...haha. Going to go take that down.

2 bags sounds reasonable. I would feel guilty getting 7 points per bag, but any more than two, and I would want to cry. Haha.

Advertisement

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #122
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
Those baggies are awesome!
Yes! Good job! Did you follow a pattern or wing it? What size are they?
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #123
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampers underjams lover View Post
They should make goodnites underwear with meters to measure the amount of ammonia, acidity etc.
Okay that is random.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #124
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
And since I'm selling the pads I don't count them, right?
There are no rules against counting what you made to sell. However most Wahms have to buy fabric/yarn etc through out the month. So they keep that buying,selling, sewing/knitting seperate. They only count personal sewing. There are no hard and fast rules. I personally don't care if you count items made for selling but if you do, you have to count the fabric/yarn you purchase for those projects/business.

Since I'm the host, I say count it. Next month, another host might say something else.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #125
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Yes! Good job! Did you follow a pattern or wing it? What size are they?
I just winged(?) it. How I do half my projects They are the size of my zipper plus however long I thought I wanted them to be...I think they ended up around 7-8". I know thatisn't much info. I just took my zipper, laid it against the pul, and cut, then just cut down as far as I thought I would want the bag.

My last two I think I pulled on the pul or something, because they are kind of crooked. They are just for our house and fully functional, but those will be our use them at home bags and not the going out into the world bags

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #126
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
There are no rules against counting what you made to sell. However most Wahms have to buy fabric/yarn etc through out the month. So they keep that buying,selling, sewing/knitting seperate. They only count personal sewing. There are no hard and fast rules. I personally don't care if you count items made for selling but if you do, you have to count the fabric/yarn you purchase for those projects/business.

Since I'm the host, I say count it. Next month, another host might say something else.
This makes a lot of sense. I thought I had seen a rule about not counting what you make to sell, but this works way better. So glad you get to count them!!

Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #127
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriecook'n'sew View Post
I'm almost at the point where you switch to the legs (following the itchy fingers pattern i found on ravelry) and I think the rise looks like it will measure 3" longer than I meant to. I guess I didn't measure my gauge swatch very acurately . I know he can grow into them but it's my first try and I wanted him to HAVE a pair lol
That wouldn't so much be your gauge as the length isn't the gauge you go by, the width is. Also on the Rav page it says

"Many people have issues with the rise on this pattern being too long. On worksheet 1, line 4, there is a certain amount of rise subtracted from your desired rise for your calculations. If you use your desired rise for the calculations your rise will be way too long. This information is missed by many. If you want your rise to be accurate you must decrease this amount out of your rise for your calculations!"

Did you do that part?

And I like MrsStripe's idea, elastic waistbands are my favorite ones!

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #128
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am too chicken. I want to make myself an apron, but if I mess up, that will be a good two yards (or 3) that will be completely wasted if it gets messed up :/

Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #129
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog...-tutorial.html

This one seems easy enough, I might try it if I can come up with a combo with the stash I have (should be interesting...)- does anyone have any suggestions? I do not want the ribbon. I don't like that look...But I can't figure out how else to cover the ugly top?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #130
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know much about sewing but could you do a smaller layer at the top w/o the ruffle so it's neater?

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote