Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #11
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Why are REAL pics so hard to take?!?!

sorry DP

Advertisement

TTC #4

Last edited by I_run_with_scissors; 02-07-2013 at 06:16 AM.
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

^ I think if your item is new in box/packaging, id take a picture of the item you have in the package, so people can see you really have the item, in its box ect and then post a link to the stock photo as well, like you have done
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #13
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Pictures are hard To take for those of us without digital cameras, regular computers, or more than basic computer skills. I, for example, have a five-year-old iPad, no digital camera, and no camera phone. I do my best to describe the items accurately, and I will have DH take a picture with his work phone if buyers really need photos and will email the pic, but I still don't know how to put that in a listing. And he really doesn't like to do that since it is a work phone.

I have never posted stock photos, but I DO regularly post an amazon.com link to the item so buyers can see what it looks like new and what I paid for the item new. It is NOT me being shady or deceitful. I am trying to be helpful to those who might be unfamiliar with the item or brand.

I trust buyers will see my positive feedback and trust my honesty about items, and take it up with me later if they don't like what I have sold them. I have been selling online since 2006 and never once posted a picture in a thread, and have 100% positive feedback.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #14
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
Pictures are hard To take for those of us without digital cameras, regular computers, or more than basic computer skills. I, for example, have a five-year-old iPad, no digital camera, and no camera phone. I do my best to describe the items accurately, and I will have DH take a picture with his work phone if buyers really need photos and will email the pic, but I still don't know how to put that in a listing. And he really doesn't like to do that since it is a work phone.

I have never posted stock photos, but I DO regularly post an amazon.com link to the item so buyers can see what it looks like new and what I paid for the item new. It is NOT me being shady or deceitful. I am trying to be helpful to those who might be unfamiliar with the item or brand.

I trust buyers will see my positive feedback and trust my honesty about items, and take it up with me later if they don't like what I have sold them. I have been selling online since 2006 and never once posted a picture in a thread, and have 100% positive feedback.
I don't know, that not really an excuse, if you want to sell. It's just not. I'm glad you've been able to find buyers, but I guarantee you'd hit a bigger market, Here at least, with photos. You can get a camera for 25 bucks and even in the smallest rural town ived lived in had a library with computers. Upload to a server like Dropbox, box, or photobucket, and your iPad can pull them from the app.
IMO, if you can't be bothered to take photos, sell on Craigslist.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I completely forgot I posted this thread lol

I didn't know it wasn't allowed on DS. I will report it when I see it.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can tell you why I use sku pics for children's clothing. (which is mostly bc I sell on another forum where that is the accept format, and real photos sell nothing). This isn't an excuse, it's an explanation of how I do things...I don't feel i need an excuse

I have 4 kids, the oldest is 6. Their wardrobes are full, and 95% Gymboree. (thats about 200 items per season, at 50 each between shirts/shorts/dresses) When I buy items, I add the sku pic to a google document, organized by size and gender. When the next selling season comes along (jan-April for spring/summer and July-September for fall/winter), I simpley get out all items to be sold, check condition and remove items that are not good and add descriptions for any needing it.

When I take actual photos of everything, which I have done, and will do when time allows...my 2yo (who doesn't nap), thinks its time to throw clothing everywhere...or my 8m crawls all over them (potentially spitting up then i have to wash) Then, it takes FOREVER to upload to photobucket, get the link for the pic, come here, post the link and then get the items out again to confirm the condition/size.

I have over 300+ feedbacks here. I state CLEARLY in my listings that I can take real pics of items if they'd like (& I did). I'm not trying to scam anyone. I have not found any rule posted here that states you must have ANY photos in your listings, or that stock photos are not allowed.

Last edited by tygr2410; 02-08-2013 at 07:38 AM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #17
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The only time i'll do that is when I post a stock pic with the clothing on the child and then my actual pic below it!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410
I can tell you why I use sku pics for children's clothing. (which is mostly bc I sell on another forum where that is the accept format, and real photos sell nothing). This isn't an excuse, it's an explanation of how I do things...I don't feel i need an excuse

I have 4 kids, the oldest is 6. Their wardrobes are full, and 95% Gymboree. (thats about 200 items per season, at 50 each between shirts/shorts/dresses) When I buy items, I add the sku pic to a google document, organized by size and gender. When the next selling season comes along (jan-April for spring/summer and July-September for fall/winter), I simpley get out all items to be sold, check condition and remove items that are not good and add descriptions for any needing it.

When I take actual photos of everything, which I have done, and will do when time allows...my 2yo (who doesn't nap), thinks its time to throw clothing everywhere...or my 8m crawls all over them (potentially spitting up then i have to wash) Then, it takes FOREVER to upload to photobucket, get the link for the pic, come here, post the link and then get the items out again to confirm the condition/size.

I have over 300+ feedbacks here. I state CLEARLY in my listings that I can take real pics of items if they'd like (& I did). I'm not trying to scam anyone. I have not found any rule posted here that states you must have ANY photos in your listings, or that stock photos are not allowed.
This thread isn't about you. I just wanted you to know that! I had talked to another mama after I pmed you and she was snarky about it. You were totally cool which is why I bought some of your stuff. I passed on hers even after she sent pics.

I realize it's a real pita to list stuff but we all have to do it if we want to sell here. It's one of the reasons I sell most clothing at a consignment sale. Less work!!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post

YES!!! I also have 5 kids and a whole lot of Gymboree/Baby GAP and most people I know in the gymbo world have virtual closests where we add things as we get them.

I do not sell gymbo on here, instead I use gymbo exclusive boards and facebook but I don't recall really seeing a rule about posting stock pictures.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #20
Tabatha
Registered Users
seller

Not exactly related, but I have an Avon item listed here that is a battery operated face scrubber, you know like the Neutragena kind? Anyway I put a link to the website so they could see what I was even talking about, since it's a little harder to convey than say "lipgloss" but I said I would post actual pictures if anyone was interested. I don't have any pictures listed, because I don't want to do a lot of work if no ones interested but I definitely am not opposed to posting them if someone wants to see it! I agree, I would not buy something if I didn't see a picture of it. I don't think there's really much buyer protection when you do that.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote