Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #141
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Hey ladies, i need to-go snack ideas. We're planning a trip to disneyland and id like to bring at least snacks. Ill probably bring some wi th me in ny luggage but we are also going to hit a walmart or something when we get there because we need to buy diapers
Also, breakfast! The hotel we are staying at provides continental breakfastand i can eat fruit, but id love some portable protein ideas. We will probably pick up some microwave breakfast sandwiches so that may have to do unless i can find something microwavable that doesn't have bread.
Jerky, nuts, dried fruit, fruit leather, lunch meat, hard boiled eggs- especially if you have a small cooler and ice pack. The hotel we stayed at when we were driving home from my parents' place had continental breakfast and they had hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and yogurt, so you might call and see what they have there.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #142
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP

Jerky, nuts, dried fruit, fruit leather, lunch meat, hard boiled eggs- especially if you have a small cooler and ice pack. The hotel we stayed at when we were driving home from my parents' place had continental breakfast and they had hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and yogurt, so you might call and see what they have there.
Thanks! My bff stayed there recently and she said they have cereal, milk, toast, oranges, banana. Unfortunately no eggs or bacon
Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #143
CarrieMeredith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I think part of it is calories. I noticed over the last month when I eat around 1800 to 2000 calories...that's when I lose (keep in mind I'm 205lbs)....anything less than that and I stay static or even gain!

Its really hard to eat that many paleo calories without relying on a lot of meat (which I'm not naturally a big eater of).

I I tried the suggestion on here to strain fresh juice and its much more palatable that way. What are some of your favorite juices?

I juice twice a day. I always add some ice and a straw. It makes it all much easier to drink. I actually look forward to my juices now. I couldn't take the room temp frothy juice by itself.
CarrieMeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #144
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
I think part of it is calories. I noticed over the last month when I eat around 1800 to 2000 calories...that's when I lose (keep in mind I'm 205lbs)....anything less than that and I stay static or even gain!

Its really hard to eat that many paleo calories without relying on a lot of meat (which I'm not naturally a big eater of).

I I tried the suggestion on here to strain fresh juice and its much more palatable that way. What are some of your favorite juices?
I'm glad you like it!! I usually just throw in whatever I have. Not very helpful, sorry! I aim for 50/50 fruits and veggies. If it's just me drinking it I usually put in more veggies than 50% (now! I couldn't when I started!) if DD is drinking it, or my other kids are over, then I go a little heavier on the apples if I think of it - just so they'll like it, and think they like it ;-) DD usually drinks it no matter how I make it. DH is the tricky one! If he's going to drink it, I have to make sure to add more fruits or he makes fun of it! So I usually don't mind leaving fruits out, because then he won't steal it from me!

There was a pretty red "detox" juice I tried the other day, it actually had a recipe, I'll go find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I started eating tsp of coconut oil or kerrygold rofl. For a snack, I would go get a slice of butter and a piece of fruit, or some cashews. I also started drinking things like smoothies with full fat coconut milk. My favorite was coconut milk, frozen pineapple, ice and honey-- pina colada style.
That sounds so yummy! But I don't think I need more calories Altho I have no idea really. I think I'm going to join myfitnesspal and try to track calories for awhile just to see where I'm at. I've never counted calories before! I'm kinda scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Hey ladies, i need to-go snack ideas. We're planning a trip to disneyland and id like to bring at least snacks. Ill probably bring some wi th me in ny luggage but we are also going to hit a walmart or something when we get there because we need to buy diapers
Also, breakfast! The hotel we are staying at provides continental breakfastand i can eat fruit, but id love some portable protein ideas. We will probably pick up some microwave breakfast sandwiches so that may have to do unless i can find something microwavable that doesn't have bread.
You already got awesome ideas. Our go-to's are fruit leather, nuts, clementines, hard boiled eggs, nitrate free deli meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMeredith View Post
I juice twice a day. I always add some ice and a straw. It makes it all much easier to drink. I actually look forward to my juices now. I couldn't take the room temp frothy juice by itself.
oh YES! A straw cup helps immensely. I often don't care for the smell of vegetable juice, but it tastes fine. So if I put it in a straw cup I can't smell it - and I love it! The kids like it much better too if they can't smell it ;-)

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #145
Sakari
Registered Users

Detox juice - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #146
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For those of us struggling with pregnancy aversions and morning sickness... I was directed to a couple good posts on MDA. Basically, he says not to stress and to do what you can =D

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/first...#axzz2KENIzR4A

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/5-pri...#axzz2KISwfWfY
Old 02-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #147
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

So anyone want to share a meal plan for the week? Can be very basic, I'm just looking for ideas!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #148
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakari View Post
Thanks, im going to give it a shot tomorrow am.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #149
Sakari
Registered Users

Sure, I'll play the meal plan game!

Monday -
breakfast: juice/eggs
lunch: lettuce salad with avocado and green pepper and tomato
supper: steak or pork chops from the freezer with broccoli

Tuesday -
breakfast: juice
lunch: smoothies and tuna
supper: cauliflower "pizza" topped with mushrooms, green and red peppers

Ok, someone else's turn. I think I need to go to the store!

Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #150
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC

I'm also having a hard time getting in enough clean calories. I'm aiming for 1500 or so to lose. Trying to eat more veggies but they don't add up very fast
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote