Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #11
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo/primal mamas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
I can't do eggs right now either so I do frozen smoothies and add hemp protein powder. (Frozen fruit, spinach , milk, Greek yogurt ) right now I'm doing really good with the sweets. I'm craving oranges and prunes and apples when I want the sugar. And raw veggies. But I'm really on a zucchini binge lately! Lol
I may have to look into hemp protein. I didn't even know that existed. I take vitamins about once a week lmao. They make me feel so icky.

On the bright side. I am eating meat. Real, honest to goodness chicken. Not crap from a drive through. And I'm not gagging. It is some sort of 15 week miracle LOL

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
There is a thread in the pregnancy forum with lots of ideas on how to increase protein. I can't figure out how to link from my phone otherwise I would.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 AM   #13
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was directed to this post tonight http://www.marksdailyapple.com/first...#axzz2KENIzR4A

It has kind of helped to put things into perspective. I am going to get out the blender and coconut milk tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #14
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

The hemp powder I use has fiber too. But the taste is awful! (why I mix it with the fruit)

I can only eat chicken if it's off the bone and white meat. Even then,sometimes I gag after a few bites. hate it.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I couldn't finish the chicken LOL. I got to the last four bites and it was a chore to keep chewing it and eating it. It started to taste wrong. So I quit and just ate my rice and veggies.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I was directed to this post tonight http://www.marksdailyapple.com/first...#axzz2KENIzR4A

It has kind of helped to put things into perspective. I am going to get out the blender and coconut milk tomorrow.
I read that recently, and thought, "Why on earth is she trying to crossfit and exercise so darned much?! I'm happy to manage a walk around the block a few times per week!" But seriously, that post was helpful.

I usually add a scoop of protein powder to my smoothie because I figure that's sort of a freebie. How do you guys feel about adding raw eggs to your smoothies? I guess it's kinda silly, because I use raw milk. Maybe it's the ick factor about raw eggs.
dressagemom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't do anything raw while pregnant or for my kids. I will eat turkey lunch meat though LOL
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #18
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just ate homemade mayo yesterday (made with raw pastured eggs). I have no problems with that. Honestly I prefer to drink raw milk but I imagine if I were to say that to my OB tomorrow she would So I may just keep that one to myself. My oncologist doesn't mind it so why should anyone else?

I was on a neutropenic diet though when in cancer treatments. That is a COMPLETELY dead diet. No salads, fruit (that isn't canned) or anything. You eat like that for a few months of your life and you will eat raw ANY day too!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #19
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

I've been thinking about making homemade mayo. Haven't gotten around to it yet. My midwife knows that I drink raw milk, or at least I think she does. I've drank it and eaten raw butter for years and years. We have a good, consistent source, and I am very comfortable with it. I also eat lunch meat, because it is an easy thing to eat that sits well in my tummy. I guess I am a bad mama for eating things with such risks, lol. I am thankful that I can eat salads, so maybe that balances stuff out.
dressagemom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My friend's mom almost died from a campylobacter infection from raw milk. It has been four or five years and the last I heard, she still can't walk. So I am wary. If it were my cow and I was doing the milking and caring of the equipment, it would be different and I would gladly drink raw milk.

ETA- I am not trying to scare anyone off of it, only explain why I won't drink it personally =)