Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #51
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 1-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
We're the same way with Jonathan and Josiah. The way my cycles lined up, even with Jonathan being premature, I wouldn't have had the cycle that Josiah came from if he had lived.

I hate that you guys understand exactly how we're feeling... because it means that you've gone through this pain. But I am so grateful to know that we're not crazy, and not alone. That being thankful for and loving this new baby doesn't mean we loved our lost babies any less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
(((Elena))) Hope Elli's birthday was not too hard for you. Life going on is the way it is though.

It'll be a year since my m/c in 2 weeks. I share with you guys that this baby wouldn't be here if that baby would have lived. In fact I got my BFP on my lost angel's EDD.

AFM-had another checkup and placenta has already moved a bit-YAY! Baby is still transverse but the Doc thinks it's because the placenta is still so low and is where the head would be if baby were head down.
Thank you. It was a pretty good day, really. I felt myself getting super stressed at one point, when the printer wouldn't work and Levi kept calling me right in the middle of everything I was trying to get done. But then I realized why I was feeling so stressed - because there are so few things I get to do, as Elli's momma, and I wanted to do everything just right - and that actually helped me calm down. Just to realize it and accept it, and be okay with it.

to you for living this dichotomy, too. I am sure that the timing of your BFP with this baby is no coincidence.

That's great news about your placenta! it will keep moving for you! FWIW, I had a great induction with DS1. At least with the induction you should be able to get pain meds, like an epidural, before you even get things started with inducing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
There's a growing baby in there!

And a show off at that. Waving and playing with the umbilical cord!
Oh Erica, how wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyDeann View Post
AFM: Spent 5 hours in the ER this morning. Been having contractions since Monday. At times they have been 3-5 minutes apart and lasting 1-1.5 minutes and cluster for 2-3 hours. I have been drinking tons of water trying to slow them down and it worked for the most part but I still continued to have them periodically and they would often times be close together. At 4am this morning I woke up with a constant dull achy cramping and lower back ache. I decided it was time to go in. I had been feeling baby like crazy but I needed to make sure my body wasn't trying to go into labor.

Baby looked great on ultrasound HR 147. No bleeding and my cervix was visually closed and not effaced so they sent me home. I'm a little unsettled since I am still crampy but I guess everything looks fine. I'm close to 18 weeks and never had any issues with preterm labor before so my assumption is things are probably fine just a new experience for me I guess. Just going to try and take it easy for awhile....
Oh goodness, how worrisome that would be
that things will calm down for you and you'll get feeling back to normal again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
oh mamas you break my heart reading your stories. I must be in too raw of a place or just a mom...
mama. Be gentle with yourself.

AFM: We had a good "Elli's day". Levi and I made her cupcakes with pink icing, we had them after the boys' hockey game which worked out well because DH's parents came for the game and came to the house afterwards, so they were able to be here with us too. The kids asked to have a candle lit and to sing happy birthday for her, so of course we did. They all let Levi blow out the candle.
It wasn't a big deal, nothing huge, but it was a special time with us remembering Elliana.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #52
PaisleyDeann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

AFM: We had a good "Elli's day". Levi and I made her cupcakes with pink icing, we had them after the boys' hockey game which worked out well because DH's parents came for the game and came to the house afterwards, so they were able to be here with us too. The kids asked to have a candle lit and to sing happy birthday for her, so of course we did. They all let Levi blow out the candle.
It wasn't a big deal, nothing huge, but it was a special time with us remembering Elliana.
Awwww how beautiful <3 What a special day and love the pink cupcakes!!!

PaisleyDeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #53
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you Amanda.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #54
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies please tell me if this is not the place for me. Just found out we are pregnant again after 3 back to back early losses. Currently 4 weeks 1day. I love my ttc groups but don't feel it is the place to vent all my fears and crazy mind scenarios. However, I am not ready to join a DDC. Trying to trust my Lord for this but admittedly I am scared to death. I so want this baby. I feel like I am going out of my mind some days trying not to worry but coming up with nothing but worries. Anyhow, let me know if there is a better place for me and I will gladly seek it out. Thanks so much. Oh and I did PM the original poster. Again thanks for listening.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #55
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

you are more than welcome here Tori
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #56
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
Hi ladies please tell me if this is not the place for me. Just found out we are pregnant again after 3 back to back early losses. Currently 4 weeks 1day. I love my ttc groups but don't feel it is the place to vent all my fears and crazy mind scenarios. However, I am not ready to join a DDC. Trying to trust my Lord for this but admittedly I am scared to death. I so want this baby. I feel like I am going out of my mind some days trying not to worry but coming up with nothing but worries. Anyhow, let me know if there is a better place for me and I will gladly seek it out. Thanks so much. Oh and I did PM the original poster. Again thanks for listening.
are you on progesterone this time? with 3 back to back, I would worry if you are not taking this is could be the issue. I had no issues w my 1st pregnancy, lost the 2nd (i was VERY thin) and then I had 2 close together and knew it was not normal. it was indeed progesterone. I was really thin then again, this last pregnancy I had no progesterone issue and was at a normal (but heavier weight for me) please check into it or take the cream stat just to be safe.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #57
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
are you on progesterone this time? with 3 back to back, I would worry if you are not taking this is could be the issue. I had no issues w my 1st pregnancy, lost the 2nd (i was VERY thin) and then I had 2 close together and knew it was not normal. it was indeed progesterone. I was really thin then again, this last pregnancy I had no progesterone issue and was at a normal (but heavier weight for me) please check into it or take the cream stat just to be safe.
agree with this! After my first 2 m/c my ob put me on progesterone. Got pregnant with dd. Then m/c again (on progesterone).

this time I'm on progesterone and a baby aspirin...and so far so good
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #58
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

here's my announcement that I made for the inlaws and my mom to post on fb (I don't fb)

Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #59
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:
agree with this! After my first 2 m/c my ob put me on progesterone. Got pregnant with dd. Then m/c again (on progesterone).

this time I'm on progesterone and a baby aspirin...and so far so good
Yes I am on Prometrium 100mg and one baby aspirin a day. I have never had to take anything with any of the other 5. But after 3 mc in a row I asked my doc to prescribe me some progesterone. She isn't a big believer in it but she did it. The ironic this is she didn't even test my level to see. I am still nursing my 18 month old so I suspect between that and me being 41 it's wreaking havoc with my progesterone. It was also suggested that I take the low dose aspirin to make implantation more successful. So we will see. Thanks so much for being so sweet and looking out for my little one.

Quote:
here's my announcement that I made for the inlaws and my mom to post on fb (I don't fb)

That is just so beautiful and clever!! I would love to hear what the reactions to it were!

AFM I am a mom of 5 with this being the 6th. Other than the 3 back to back MC I have had 1 other and that was right before I got pregnant with DD2. We had 4 children then a V. 7 yrs later we had the V reversed and 3 months later had our sticky bean ( after the 1st mc). This will be our 2nd VR baby. I am taking each day as it comes and being grateful for each one. I have been trying not to temp or test but I broke down today and tested again. I have been so VERY crampy I needed to see. I can't tell you how overwhelmed I was by joy to see the test darken so quickly and so deeply. I was so scared I would see a faint line. At that moment I embraced this pregnancy. I am trying to trust the Lord but as I am only human it is tough not to worry and fret. I so needed this thread and it came at a moment when I was feeling weakest! Thank you so very much. Looking forward to meeting all of you and enjoying your journeys to your rainbows!
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #60
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tori - and congrats. This sounds like the very thread where you belong, mama. It has been an absolute God-send for me at many points through this rainbow pregnancy. I hope we are able to do the same for you.

Erica - that's adorable!