Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fuzzibunz leaking - fit issue?

I have a brand new Fuzzibunz Elite OS that has leaked every time I've tried it. It is always urine leaks around the legs, in less than an hour and the inserts are not saturated. I think I just can't get the right fit on my 9 week olds little thighs, but I'm not sure. It has seemed to basically fit since about 4 weeks, but it isn't extremely snug around his legs when he kicks and wiggles.

I have always washed in Tiny Bubbles and line dried. I've heard some say you need to put diapers in the dryer at least once to seal it. Is this true? Should I try drying it once in the dryer? (I never dried my BGs, RaRs or Thirsties and have not had this problem). Or is this a brand of diaper that just isn't a good fit for my particular baby?

Advertisement

ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
MamaButtercup
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fuzzibunz leaking - fit issue?

I have problems with leaking around the legs when they get pretty wet... But since the whole insert isn't wet, are you sure that you don't have buildup/repelling?
MamaButtercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Would I really have buildup or repelling issues after washing it only a few times? I'm not having this issue with my other diapers, and have rarely used the FB since it has leaked every time for me. I try it every other week or so, just to see if he's grown into the fit better.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

my elite minky i doubled held same as mf fbos. i didnt dry in dryer.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
beckd87
Registered Users

I have had issues with mine leaking as well. However, my was used so I suppose I should strip.
beckd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #6
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sure u already know this, but throwing it out there in case u don't. U can put 1 side of the leg elastics on one number and the other side on a different number - sorta a half size to give u a more custom fit.. so, u can put one side of the leg on a 3 and the other side on a 4. This puts it asa half size between using both 3's or both 4's.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
March
Registered Users
seller

Tighten up the waist (NOT rise/"leg") elastic, then use the snap setting that gets the best seal around his legs.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
Tighten up the waist (NOT rise/"leg") elastic, then use the snap setting that gets the best seal around his legs.
Curious, why do you think tightening the waist will help? Have you had this issue?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss456

Curious, why do you think tightening the waist will help? Have you had this issue?
It makes it possible to wrap the fabric more tightly around the baby and get a better leg seal without shortening the rise and causing compression leaks.

I haven't personally had the issue, but I was a cloth diaper consultant for years and helped fit these diapers (FBOS and FB Elite) on many babies whose parents thought they just weren't going to be able to fit.

I also blogged about this at www.elemeno-pee.blogspot.com -- search "why adjustable leg elastic sets the rise." Lots of pictures to help illustrate why it works.

Edit: here's the link for you http://www.elemeno-pee.blogspot.com/...ic-or.html?m=1

Last edited by March; 02-08-2013 at 12:36 PM.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
ParkersMommy7611
Registered Users
seller

I got a couple of fuzzibunz free for spending over a certain amount from Kellyscloset.com and let me tell you I'm so glad I didn't pay from them. I had the same problem with leaking. I use them now for swim diapers!
ParkersMommy7611 is offline   Reply With Quote