Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #51
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DCF - What to Expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post
Op I'm sorry for your situation. However, I have to ask about one thing in your update post. How did vaccines injure your oldest? The autism-vaccine link has been quite thoroughly disproven.
Only by that one study. There also has not been studies done by anyone that does not directly profit from vaccines. I am not going to turn this thread into a vaccine discussion.
But anyway, I do believe my father to have quite severe Asperger's, so I would surmise he had genetics working against him to begin with. My child has had several severe vaccine reactions that required medical attention. His personality changed 100% after the last and most severe reaction. Up to that point he also exhibited no signs of being a special needs child (such as a spectrum disorder, ADHD, or sensory integration issues) and was developmentally ahead of many of his peers.

We have not been given any tasks. It seems the case is dependent upon setting up services for us to improve our situation.

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #52
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mama, I would email your caseworker and just clarify, in writing, exactly what you are supposed to be doing. As a foster parent, I've seen several times where bio parents understanding and caseworkers understanding are different. Get everything in writing.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #53
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Mama, I would email your caseworker and just clarify, in writing, exactly what you are supposed to be doing. As a foster parent, I've seen several times where bio parents understanding and caseworkers understanding are different. Get everything in writing.
I thought they should have to sign a case plan? Also shouldn't she receive an official letter with the findings?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #54
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama07

I thought they should have to sign a case plan? Also shouldn't she receive an official letter with the findings?
My experience is that caseworkers come back with "I told her that she needed to XYZ and she didn't do it" in court when sometimes things were said in passing as suggestions and a big deal wasn't made of them, and then it is used against the parents later.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #55
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
My experience is that caseworkers come back with "I told her that she needed to XYZ and she didn't do it" in court when sometimes things were said in passing as suggestions and a big deal wasn't made of them, and then it is used against the parents later.
That is just wrong. If it isn't in writing with no evidence they said anything how is it even legally accepted in court?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #56
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The judge here believes every word DCS says under oath. If DCS says the caseworker told you, it is accepted that the caseworker told you. Very little is put in writing. The same is true about visitation. The caseworker can change your visitation an hour before the visit, then use it against you in court that you didn't show. They have an unbelievable amount of power to make bios life difficult===or easy---depending on if they like you.

Last edited by luvsviola; 02-08-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #57
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

be honest, tell them what you're doing, that you're trying- don't sugar coat it. Quite possibly they will be able to help you with services etc.

I've been with the workers as an intern, going in to houses that were utter filth and they got a warning to get it cleaned up. If your house is as clean as you can make it, you're good.

But I've watched the workers get extremely frustrated when people try to make excuses, gloss over things, lie, get angry, etc. Honesty, openness and integrity to own your own struggles will go A LONG way in how the interview goes. You can say "Here is where I feel like I'm doing okay, and here is where I feel like I'm struggling". Odds are good the worker will be a parent too who also struggles. They'll get that.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #58
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kristen makes a good point, although it honestly depends on where you live as to what the judges will do.

Have a note pad, take lots of notes, review the notes with the case worker before they leave and ask if you've missed any of their suggestions.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #59
monkeymama07
Registered Users
seller

I think I would email her and spell out your understanding of what the plan of action is and ask if you have missed anything. I would include a list of services or programs she is looking into for you as well as thugs you are working in the house.

That way if you asked for help and it falls through and you get pinged on it later you can tell a judge look I want the help they let me fall through the crack.

I thought everyone had to sign a plan of action or atleast an acknowledgement of recommendations.

Last edited by monkeymama07; 02-10-2013 at 07:25 AM.
monkeymama07 is offline   Reply With Quote