Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What can I do about super low blood pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Mine is always low and drops even more when I'm pregnant. Stand up/change positions slooooowly and drink a ton of fluids and you should be OK. Have you felt dizzy or like you might faint?
This was the advice I got as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
68/43
Mine was like this too while pregnant. If you are seeing a rotating group of people remind them everytime that your baseline BP is low because high BP for YOU may be normal BP for other people. Pre-E with someone with normally very low blood pressure can start off looking like someone with normal BP.

My OB told me to keep that in mind just in case we were on vacation or something and I ever ended up in another L&D.

Advertisement

Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

I've been feeling really, really tired and low energy. Nauseous pretty much all day. And freezing all the time. Some lightheadedness, and body parts falling asleep on me like crazy Other than that though, nothing, and they checked my thyroid and didn't seem concerned about that or anything else.

I'm not overly concerned but I'm definitely sick of being so tired all the time. Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't realize working out would help, I'll try that, and keep that in mind about eating more often. The past couple weeks I've been feeling so nauseous I have just been skipping eating a lot.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

I'll try eggs, my stomachs not liking the thought of them but I'll try thanks songbird

Marchmama, thanks for the advice, yes, a couple times I've had to sit back down cause I felt so lightheaded
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #14
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

Water, water, water! Don't go anywhere without water and drink consistently throughout the day. I had two full pregnancies of low BP that resulted in frequent passing out and just generally being miserable. My 3rd and 4th have been heavenly where my BP is concerned, due mainly to keeping very well hydrated.
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I've been feeling really, really tired and low energy. Nauseous pretty much all day. And freezing all the time. Some lightheadedness, and body parts falling asleep on me like crazy
Wow that sounds like me! I had been exercising daily, but I just can't do it right now. I'll be taking it up again as soon as I can though. And I guess I'll be trying to drink more too. Not too appealing with this nausea though. I got some sea bands today, and I think they might be helping a little.

Eggs, eh? I'll give them a shot! Already eating lots of almonds and loving raw veggies with hummus. Can't wait to be feeling better!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #16
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AHHHHH!!! I drank as much as I could last night, and even at night when I got up to go to the bathroom, and I feel SO MUCH BETTER today! It's unbelievable! For the first time in weeks I'm wearing real clothes, and not huddled on the couch wrapped in five blankets feeling like barf. I mopped my floor! I made lunch for my family!
Still not 100% - pretty tired, and the occasional bout of nausea, but nothing at all like what it has been.
THANK YOU EVERYONE! I know this wasn't my thread, but I really appreciate the advice you all gave! I wish my midwives would have told me some of this, rather than just prescribing diclectin (for morning sickness) which cost me almost $200, and knocked me right out so I couldn't do anything anyways.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm editing my message to totally scratch my advice. I did a WebMD search, and licorice root is not safe during pregnancy. (I take it every day for low BP.)

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 02-08-2013 at 12:51 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I've been feeling really, really tired and low energy. Nauseous pretty much all day. And freezing all the time. Some lightheadedness, and body parts falling asleep on me like crazy Other than that though, nothing, and they checked my thyroid and didn't seem concerned about that or anything else.

I'm not overly concerned but I'm definitely sick of being so tired all the time. Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't realize working out would help, I'll try that, and keep that in mind about eating more often. The past couple weeks I've been feeling so nauseous I have just been skipping eating a lot.
I would definately try eating MORE. And more often. Also, cooked eggs aren't always fun to eat, but you can separate the yolk and add that to all kinds of things. I add egg yolk to coffee, milk (with vanilla and honey also), yogurt...all kinds of things. As long as the eggs are free-range they won't taste funny or affect the taste of the food very much, and they're very safe to eat, even raw.