Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
nestra
Registered Users

Tinkle traps

Can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to get prefolds converted to fitted by tinkle trap people? I can't seem to find that information anywhere. Thanks!

Advertisement

nestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tinkle traps

I had 18 infant size pf converted to TT--very basic, serged, no extras, doubler made from the side scraps and sewn in and it was $95 and that includes shipping both ways.

If you email them directly she will send you price list.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
nestra
Registered Users

Oh, the way I was reading the website you had to buy a $5 slot to get a price list. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was about to start the same thread because I was wondering the same thing about tinkle traps. I have a dozen GMD wide baby's that I would like to have converted. I'm going to ask my grandmother if she'll do it first, but I'm not sure if she's going to be too keen on cutting them up since she's the one who bought them for me:/ Will they put extended tabs on them for you too? My LO tends to be wider than long. I think she's going to be a shortie like her daddy lol.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Would it be cheaper to convert my premium prefolds, or just buy the gmd workhorse diapers?
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
nestra
Registered Users

I looked at GMDs but they are $10 a piece, right? I was just thinking about basic conversion which looks to be about $5 ( with a doubler). For me the conversion is way cheaper but I can see from her price list, which she sent super fast after I emailed her, it would be possible to add enough bells and whistles where the price would be close.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TT sounds very reasonably priced, I am a seamstress by trade and even after a lot of practice I decided to buy the workhorses for the XS and S sizes. I'll put the elbow grease in to convert my prefolds in meds and lgs, but if I didn't sew I would def consider TT!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm going to have her convert some GMD wide baby's for me as soon as I can raise the funds. I'm just going with the basic snapless conversion so for about $5 each including shipping I'll have some great fitteds. I switched to wool recently because of LO's sensitive skin and I've been having some EBF poo escaping on me. I'm curious about the turn around time though. Does anybody know how fast they're done up and sent back. I live in Western NY so I guess shipping them to and from Ohio shouldn't take too long.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote