Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ahhhh So Annoyed should NOT have switched services

I am so annoyed and just need to vent. I went and switched our diaper service to a new one in town I specifically asked if they supplied fitted diapers and they said yes. So I canceled our old one and yesterday the new service dropped off the new ones, they are NOT fitted diapers.

They use Mother-ease Duo system but allow you the option of a package that just includes the inserts with no covers, they are kind of useless without the Mother-ease covers. I was hoping to use the covers we already have and be able to use our woolies but I don't think we're going to be able to.

Plus she guessed at the wrong size and left the smalls and he's soaking right through them with one pee. Then the covers are wicking like crazy.

BLAH

She is going to drop off the mediums on Monday. Lesson learned don't mess with a good thing.

Advertisement

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
KaysieW003
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ahhhh So Annoyed should NOT have switched services

On a positive note at least you have diaper services to choose from.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysieW003
On a positive note at least you have diaper services to choose from.
Yep! There are zero diaper services within 2 hours of me so I don't even have that option.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

True but it's still annoying besides the fact that we paid a ton in start up for the new service and now we can't use them for 4 days.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
bcarroll9494
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know our local diaper service (at least 5 years ago) probably did not know the difference between the term "prefold" and "fitted". They didn't even offer snappis with their PFs back then.
Now they are branching out beyond PFs and Proraps and letting people choose cuter print covers, etc.
Perhaps you are dealing with a similar old school operation where their main business focus is washing tons of diapers and not staying current in modern CD trends.

Hope it works out for you!

Unique hand-dyed diapers and more.
bcarroll9494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If they don't have what you want can you switch back and get your $$ back, after all they don't have what you were promised....

ISO: 1 skein Bear and pants no sleep til Brooklyn
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrgrl38 View Post
If they don't have what you want can you switch back and get your $$ back, after all they don't have what you were promised....
This.

I don't think we have a diaper service within at least several hours drive from us. I could be wrong though. I haven't looked since my middle child was in diapers 7 years ago.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #8
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrgrl38 View Post
I'm not sure, I know that since we went with the lower package we can cancel with 7 days notice.

I guess I'll see how the next size up fit and go from there, I'm hoping with the next size up the absorbency will be better so he's not totally soaking them with one pee and that I can snappi them. We'll see.

This is a brand new service in our area, the woman who started the company is quite young and actually seems to know what she is talking about so I'm just surprised that she wouldn't know what a fitted is.

Our area is actually quite good for CDing we have 3 local stores and the 2 services. Plus there are others around our area but that don't deliver to our city.