Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
dworth629
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question should I

Start a TTC stash?? Heres the background I have a 3 year old dd I never cded as a newborn. and a 15 month old dd that i did cd and use wool with but have since sold off to fund higher sizes. We have been ttc since oct I had a m/c in november and then another one jan 1st ( what a way to start the year) well we are still trying and fingers crossed feb just may be our month!! Do you think given my history of losses that it would be silly to start my ttc nb stash now?? TIA ladies

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Veronica
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: should I

I started our as soon as we started ttc, it took a year and a mc before this one stuck. I don't think there is any reason not to start picking up some stuff. Not silly at all
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
ckck
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I def would be

An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
― Mahatma Gandhi
ckck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
I would start now. I had 2 miscarriages in my close to 2 years ttc and started collecting around the time of the first m/c. Now that I'm actually pregnant I am glad I had half of my stuff ready. I'm just finishing up my stash now.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
srbordenstein
Registered Users
seller

I am very sorry for your loss. I think it is great to start now. Keep up the good vibes and enjoy planning for babe #3.
srbordenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started the stash before ttc. I think it if you are planning more kids it is never too early to start.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
ameliaandmacie'sboutique
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know most said that they would, but as a person who had multiple miscarriages before my first live birth, I had a few things and it made me very sad to look at it and think it might not ever happen. Me... I would wait until a couple months into a pregnancy. That's just me though, I thought it made it harder.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you are sure you will eventually have a nb then go ahead. We needed to do IVF with donated eggs & were also open to adoption before having our twins in 09'. I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant following a FET. If we were not this serious about adding a nb to the family I would not have wasted any money on preparing for one. My philosophy is that a halter is completely useless without a horses head to put it around - so only prepare if you are 100% certain that you are definately going to get a horse (sorry for the annology - it's just my $0.02).
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #9
dworth629
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
If you are sure you will eventually have a nb then go ahead. We needed to do IVF with donated eggs & were also open to adoption before having our twins in 09'. I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant following a FET. If we were not this serious about adding a nb to the family I would not have wasted any money on preparing for one. My philosophy is that a halter is completely useless without a horses head to put it around - so only prepare if you are 100% certain that you are definately going to get a horse (sorry for the annology - it's just my $0.02).
Im am sure that we will do everything within reason that we can do to expand our family. And if for some reason ive collected a stash and absolutely cannothave another nb one way or another ( totally open to adoption, actually in the plan once im done having bio babies) I will feel totally comfortable donating the stash to a family in need or maybe some of the awesome auctions done to help families on HC.