Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Fever with no symptoms

this happens to DD frequently enough for me to have stopped worrying about it. but not SO frequently.. like maybe 3 times.

dr said that some people just run small temperatures when they're fighting stuff and that for some, over 100 is still 'small'. You just figure out what is high for your kid and what is more in the realm of 'normal'.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
this happens to DD frequently enough for me to have stopped worrying about it. but not SO frequently.. like maybe 3 times.

dr said that some people just run small temperatures when they're fighting stuff and that for some, over 100 is still 'small'. You just figure out what is high for your kid and what is more in the realm of 'normal'.
This is important to mention. Know your kids bodies- some kids tend to run high fevers and some stay low. Mine are all different. When we passed this virus though our house two of mine ran 104-105.1 for several days and two were 102-103. Same symptoms otherwise.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
SugarBooger
Registered Users
Formerly: hooah_momma
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fever with no symptoms

It is likely a small virus as the other mamas suggested, but I just wanted to throw this out there: I know a few mamas IRL who's children develop fevers as an allergic reaction to foods. I've always suspected my DS of the same thing in relation to dairy (gluten is another common one.) My husband and I had our parents watch the kids for 4 days the other day, and they ate nothing but cheese and dairy, which I don't usually buy, and lo and behold, DS had a fever and no other symptoms for a few days beginning the last day they were here. So if this continues, and no other answers, you could maybe have your LO tested for allergies?
SugarBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

Roseola?
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This happens to both my kids. They tend to run high fevers anyway (and so do I), so I don't worry about it much. I medicate fevers if they're uncomfortable, which they usually are since they go over 102 most of the time. Unfortunately, 104 degree fevers happen often in our house
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #16
Kštzchen
Registered Users
seller

The fever stopped for a day, then picked right back up at 102.2 again today.

The paediatrician says everything looks good, but her throat looked red? She still has no symptoms.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
Kštzchen
Registered Users
seller

Today is day nine and her fever is at 103.7 with Tylenol. She has no symptoms other than lethargy with fever...we've had her tested for strep, mono, her white blood cells were great, they think it's viral, but its such a long fever. I am so stressed out over this. No cough, no runny nose, she's still nursing plenty, I feel so helpless.

Has anyone else has such a persistent fever in a lo?
Old 02-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #18
melarndt
Registered Users

Re: Fever with no symptoms [Update]

My 7 month old son just had that. High fever (over 103-104 without medicines) for 4 days. Ended up on the 5th day breaking out in a rash and fever disappeared, so they decided it was Roseola, which they didn't consider before running a bunch of tests since he's not in daycare.

However, 9 days is a long time for a fever with no other symptoms! Hope it goes down soon!
melarndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #19
Kštzchen
Registered Users
seller

Update in OP

Last edited by Kštzchen; 02-16-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Kštzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #20
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fever with no symptoms [Update2/16]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kštzchen View Post
Update in OP
Oh Momma! Thinking of you and your family, I hope she recovers quickly and you all get back home