Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
Here's our experience:

Grovia & Flip - Came unsnapped when he pulls them up.

Flip - Leaked a lot (he's just under 30 lbs).

Best Bottom - Leaked a lot.

Superundies - Weird fit and didn't hold enough

Tinkle Time Trainers (Ladder Hill or Rainshine Designs) - Just a tiny bit small in the thigh, hard to pull up, but very very functional (I sewed them myself).

I don't have time for more sewing and am tired of sposie pull-ups, and can't spend $25 each ... so now I'm trying Imse Vimse trainers under wool longies or soakers. Woolybottoms are only $21 at the Cottonbabies store here, I found Woolybottoms longies FSOT for under $20 each, and Imse Vimse trainers are $15. So getting a handful of the Imse Vimse and 4 Woolybottoms is very economical ... and he's already covered for pants.
Have you tried Sandys? That's what we're using at home. Not waterproof, obviously, but the hold one pee without soaking her clothes and the floor.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #12
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Super helpful replies, thank you everyone. Tonight we will try her in a GroVia with nothing stuffed in it since she doesn't wet that much. If that doesn't work, I will order something else.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trainer dilemma!

I just used a GroVia booster or a preemie prefold in our GroVia trainers at night. I think the source of your problem is more trying to over-stuff it with a flat, there are 2 layers of hemp/cotton in there, so I would stuff with something smaller (possibly even just a cotton wash cloth?) before giving up entirely! DS is about the same size, and they work with a booster for him, but we haven't done trainers at night yet.

When my daughter PLed the GroVia trainers had just come out. I used 2 GroVia boosters in there at first, then tapered down to 1 booster, and then no booster. I truly believe that the lining feeling wet helped her to learn to wake up to go potty when she needed to go, and so when she started feeling wet she would stop herself and then get up to get to the potty. They were just right un-stuffed for that stage, which lasted about a month before we just went to underpants ;-)

Now I'm starting training soon with my son... I'm not excited about it, but other than a few Blueberry trainers I picked up on FSOT, the only waterproof trainers I plan on using are the GroVia, or ones I make myself!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou
I just used a GroVia booster or a preemie prefold in our GroVia trainers at night. I think the source of your problem is more trying to over-stuff it with a flat, there are 2 layers of hemp/cotton in there, so I would stuff with something smaller (possibly even just a cotton wash cloth?) before giving up entirely! DS is about the same size, and they work with a booster for him, but we haven't done trainers at night yet.

When my daughter PLed the GroVia trainers had just come out. I used 2 GroVia boosters in there at first, then tapered down to 1 booster, and then no booster. I truly believe that the lining feeling wet helped her to learn to wake up to go potty when she needed to go, and so when she started feeling wet she would stop herself and then get up to get to the potty. They were just right un-stuffed for that stage, which lasted about a month before we just went to underpants ;-)

Now I'm starting training soon with my son... I'm not excited about it, but other than a few Blueberry trainers I picked up on FSOT, the only waterproof trainers I plan on using are the GroVia, or ones I make myself!
Thank you. We were going to try them by themselves tonight since she doesn't wet much at night. Washcloth is a good idea. I guess I was imagining something like the HH trainers with a big pocket. I like these and want to use them so we'll see how tonight goes.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trainer dilemma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
Have you tried Sandys? That's what we're using at home. Not waterproof, obviously, but the hold one pee without soaking her clothes and the floor.
Not to hijack but thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

We put her in an unstuffed GroVia and she cried after a few minutes. There were big snap marks on her skin. I forgot about Diaper Junction being local. We'll pick up some plus size panels.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #17
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just got some large super undies for my son at night. I got the snap ones with a pocket and we both really like them. I added another row of snaps on them because they were just a little loose one my 40lb guy. I can't say how they hold up at night though because since we bought them he has been dry.....of course right anyway the pocket is big enough to stuff whatever you want and they seem easy for him to pull up and down.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was not a fan of flip trainers AT ALL either.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #19
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked
. Or I could just order some Super Undies from Nicki's Diapers and use the GroVia trainers in the car. WWYD? She has never peed in her car seat but I'm always nervous she will. What do you think?
I searched Gerber trainers on Amazon and it suggested a car seat protector made for potty accidents. I haven't tried it, but might be worth checking out

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote