Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Sun Seedlings

I have made two orders from Azadeh at Sun Seedlings and am super impressed with her service and diapers. My first was an AIO with hidden PUL, outer print, fleece lining, and snap-in trifold. I loved this style with my older kids when they were babies. This is the diaper I plan to use to tell dh when we conceive again. He LOVES baseball!

Then, on Tuesday night I ordered these:

I read some reviews on here about her diapers and how they look great after years of use, but that they aren't always the most absorbent. I think that depends on how you order them. I got an outer layer of velour, hemp/cotton soaker (internal), and inner layer of velour. This diaper is nice and thick. I don't see how it couldn't be absorbent, and you can get them with quick-dry soakers, front snaps, aplix, fleece lining....whatever you want. My kids all played with it and commented on how soft it is. The cover is too cute as well.

Everything on her site is VERY reasonably priced for WAHM made. Her diapers are super nice quality, and with both orders, she shipped my custom items the day after I ordered...after emailing me pics. I ordered late Tuesday and received them today. When we conceive, I will probably order all of my fitteds from her.

Advertisement

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sun Seedlings

Oh yay! I just placed an order for 3 diapers from her I got AIOs but I couldn't decide on closure so I got side aplix, front aplix and side snap. Do you find you've ever had wicking problems with hidden PUL? I thought of this after I ordered but I really love the look of knit outers.
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

I just ordered these the other day, a set of AIOs for my dd and my newbie due in October.

Plan on ordering more soon once I get some paypal.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancy Baby View Post
Oh yay! I just placed an order for 3 diapers from her I got AIOs but I couldn't decide on closure so I got side aplix, front aplix and side snap. Do you find you've ever had wicking problems with hidden PUL? I thought of this after I ordered but I really love the look of knit outers.
To be honest, yes I did have wicking when I used this style in the past, but the elastic gatherings were stitched to both the PUL and the fleece. So, you had stitches going from your inner fleece, through the elastic, and out to your cotton print. Sun Seedlings are NOT made this way. The elastic is only stitched to the PUL and cotton, so the fleece should act as a repellant. I have not used my Sun Seedlings since we are just TTC, but I think they should be much better since they are sewn this way.

When I used the other brand, years ago, I used a water repelling spray, but brushed it on the outside stitches, just where the elastic is stitched through to the cotton....not the whole outer and not on the inner fleece. I did it once, and they were the most leak proof diapers I used. And, serged diapers refuse to leak runny poo.

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 02-09-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

That makes sense! great, I'm really looking forward to getting them, I'll put a review up once we try them out!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I should also add that I had the same issue with any diaper with encased elastic such as Fuzzibunz or Grovia. They all wicked at the legs through the stitches, and those do not have cotton outers.

dd 10yo

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 02-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

We got our AIOs yesterday, washed them and tried one out overnight, no leaks! It has the trifolded hemp/cotton layer and I added another hemp doubler, but I'm thrilled with these diapers!

Here's the one I put on ds when he woke, it's so cute and fits great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2722260921.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	133909
Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #8
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonarai View Post
I just ordered these the other day, a set of AIOs for my dd and my newbie due in October.

Plan on ordering more soon once I get some paypal.
Those are adorable! How small do the smalls fit? I am wondering if these might be in the diaper stash for our next baby too, they just look so cushy for little babes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancy Baby View Post
We got our AIOs yesterday, washed them and tried one out overnight, no leaks! It has the trifolded hemp/cotton layer and I added another hemp doubler, but I'm thrilled with these diapers!

Here's the one I put on ds when he woke, it's so cute and fits great!

Attachment 133909
This is great to hear. I was hoping that since the elastic is not stitched through all layers it wouldn't wick. Was the one you used overnight a cotton print? How saturated was the soaker?

We are having a hard time TTC and miscarried a few months ago. Would it be too irresponsible to order more? I just sold a bunch of diapers that I wasn't crazy about, so I have paypal. Of course, there are always other things to spend it on.

dd 10yo
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bad pic, but I bought these a few months ago:

(the bird one has been washed)

I LOVE the bird print & the pink one is the same fabric my 10 yr old had clothes made out of when she was small. LOL

I love side closure diapers & the prices are great. I don't see how they could not be absorbant - they have a snap in doubler & are FLUFFY! LOL

I definitely plan to buy more!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote