Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #61
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - February chat (1 more month!)

NappyChappy: I hope you heal fast!

spinning babies is great but my midwife said not to do the ones where you tilt upside down unless you know for sure the baby is breech.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #62
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Crossing off things to do from my list!

I just ordered new sleep bras for nursing! I used the same 2 from motherhood maternity for all 3 of my children so far....but they are "very well loved" so baby #4 means mommy gets new ones

I also got some new black sweatpants (for lounging around the house and c-section recovery)....I'm currently wearing my favorite pair from when my first baby was born....and they are a little threadbare and have a hole in them....again, time for a replacement pair (I actually got 2!).

I also just got another sleepy wrap (I have one, but I need 2 so I can always have one available if one is in the wash)....I'm imagining myself making dinner with my 3 other kiddos and dog running around and needing a safe place to keep the baby (i.e. not the floor)....

I can't think of anything else I need and I hope I'm right! I'm ready to be done "buying" for the new baby!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #63
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
What's spinning babies? Is that something you did to turn your little girl? Both my births started with my children in posterior positions. DD turned and her delivery was easy-DS did not and I delivered him completely posterior...OUCH and would like to avoid that from happening again. Did you do something to get her to go back out????
Quote:
It is a site that has lots of information on how to get your baby in the best position to birth in. http://www.spinningbabies.com/

It is a little overwelming to me at times, but does have great information.
I agree its a bit overwhelming too! I chose only a couple that I knew were for a posterior baby and stuck with those. It honestly only took one session with my friend and baby was turned! :-) And still is ! :-)
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #64
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

just had my check up. nothing new going on here. i'll have my GBS and first cervical check at my next appt. really hoping she says that my cervix is doing something. it'd be a bit upsetting to hear no change and having had all the sharp, shooting pains in my cervix.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #65
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have an appointment tomorrow. I'm really anxious about it b/c little girlie seems to prefer laying transverse 60% of the time. And if she come when DS did she would be here in about 4 weeks. So I want to know for sure which was she is laying in case she is transverse so I can start spinning babies. Plus I'm anxious overall because I'm not as blissfully ignorant this time about things that can go wrong. And how DS is going to react to not being the center of mommy's world (he does NOT like daddy at the moment but has really only seen him for about 8 days since the new year). Plus for some reason I'm anticipating back labor which sounds completely sucktastic to me. Basically I'm a bundle of nerves with 6 1/2 weeks left to go!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #66
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Had my 37w appt yesterday. NST was good and fluids are back up. Induction is scheduled for Feb 20th, which is NEXT WEEK. Eeek! We'll see if I make it that long though. I've been having the same constant cramping/backache for the last 14 hours, sometimes becoming painful. Slept a bit but now DH is snoring and I'm ready to sock him!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #67
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

I'm 36+ weeks. The insomnia is KILLING me!

They had me do a NST after my appointment last Friday and want me to go again this Thursday because my amniotic fluid levels were normal but just barely. Pretty sure it won't change anything for me (I'll say no to recommendations to induce for low fluid)...but still on my mind.

I'm happy to report that baby is head-down and working her way around from posterior (yay! Now, if she'll stay that way until her b-day that would be awesome). Been doing a few things from spinning babies and seeing a chiro.

Just mostly really need sleep. And I probably ought to pack a birth bag. I waited so long on the birth bag with my last birth that we ended up not having one packed at all No biggie then because we lived less than 5 minutes away from the hospital. This time, though, we're going to a different hospital that's 30 minutes away...so it might not be as convenient to have DH run home for stuff.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #68
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for the good wishes. My ankle is feeling much better, but I wish I could say the same about my constant heartburn. I am taking 2 zantac a day now and I am still getting it. I have eliminated all the foods and drinks I can think of. I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore only being 33 weeks seems like torture. The pregnancy has been much harder on me and DH than with DS. I feel guilty for just wanting it over but the end is the same a new baby in our arms.

Glad everyone is moving forward with getting things ready. Good luck to you mamaa who are getting close.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #69
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

NappyChappy: glad you are feeling better!

We had our growth scan yesterday just to make sure baby is an acceptable size. We discovered that she has a two vessel cord at our 20 week ultrasound so this was to make sure that the artery grew enough to support a full term baby. I was pretty nervous because if she was not big enough we would have to induce to save her life and I am planning a homebirth with a great fear of hospitals.
Turns out all the worrying was for nothing as that often happens! She is 4.5lbs already (a good size for my family history, I was 5.5 at birth and that is average for our family) she measures in the 38th percentile which is great and again totally normal for my family of small babies. Her head is measuring a week ahead so I have been right all along about my due date (I ovulate really early, day 9 or 10) so we are all set for about March 17-21st.
We also know now that she is head down and engaged in my pelvis facing back (thank God!) and I am not dilated yet. So about 5ish weeks left for me!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #70
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Slept a bit but now DH is snoring and I'm ready to sock him!
HA! the story of my married life. i have a snorer too and some night i just want to punch him square in his non-functioning nose. i feel your annoyance.