Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenner0280

I hope thats also the case with us. Did you disinfect diapers? How?
Oh ya, I did wash all the prefolds with a little bleach once. ( I soaked it for a bit then I washed it two times to make sure they are free of bleach) Just to cover all the grounds. It was very sad to see a red bottom and it just looked so painful. Good luck And Hope thing goes well there!!!

Advertisement

kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast infection at 12 days old....really?

I had the same thing happen, 15-20 drops GSE in each load of CD for a week, I patted DS's bottom with apple cider vinegar at each change (kills yeast) and coated in coconut oil. It was gone in 3-4 days and hasn't returned. Doctor said if it returned to get jock-itch cream from the store. I had really painful nipples at the time, not sure if it was related. No thrush that I was aware of. I was on antibiotics for the delivery.

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are dealing with rash.

We use 1oz Biokleen oxygen bleach in warm prerinse
1oz oxy bleach with detergent in main wash (been using sanitize to, at least make sure it is hot)
warm rinse with 1/2 Tablespoon of GSE

We also used 10-15 drops per oz of GSE in distilled water for the wipes solutions (this is s a life saver).

Was your child red or rashie at all before you got the yeast. If there is broken skin that is what the yeast will grow in.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #14
purpleshelly860
Registered Users
seller

The same thing happened to me! Before her yeast diaper rash, she had thrush though, and my doctor said it's pretty common for the yeast to travel through the digestive tract and out the back end. I bleached my diapers and the rash still came back...I eventually figured out that something in the pampers wipes I was using was feeding the rash! I was able to get rid of it after switching to cloth wipes (best decision ever). I did use GSE in the wash and wipe solution for a while. I used TTO also, but that made my fleece pocket diapers repel so be careful with that!
purpleshelly860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #15
wifey09
Registered Users
seller

Don't use yogurt this early. Probiotics or what pp have said.
wifey09 is offline   Reply With Quote