Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #31
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? for those who used thirsties covers on a newborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Good point about the cord. That time the cord is healing, most covers are too tall. Honestly, during that time period we hardly used covers at all. We used old navy performance fleece longies, fleece sleeping sacks, and fleece blankets until the cord healed. You are changing so frequently and doing so much laundry that first two weeks anyway, it's not a big deal to throw the fleece things in the wash every day for any poo leaks anyway.
This is an excellent idea. I bet those fleece sleep sacs work really well. Thanks for posting this.

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #32
HeavenlyHold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used the XS thirsties covers with my newest...she was 6 lbs 12 oz and they have been a great fit for her! We've also used the AIO's and love them.

Amber, CWAHM to Kaelin (02-07) Kiley (07-09) and Kamryn (12-11)
Like us on Facebook
HeavenlyHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #33
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We did proraps and BSWW for DD during the newborn stage, I liked the proraps, they are cheap, so you can get a few extra (for blowouts out of the prefold that seem to happen a lot here) and they last pretty long, PLUS they have a scooped umbilical area. They fit until 10 lbs though, so there is a 2 lbs gap until she will fit into the s thirsties I bought for her.

The only thing I do not like about proraps is there are no laundry tabs, we just velcro them inside out for washing
deezee02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #34
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I'm another one that isn't a big fan of the Thirsties.

My DD was 6lb 6oz at birth and I couldn't really start using the XS Thirsties until she was around 8-9 lbs. They were WAY too big. But she's got total chicken legs too.

I'll also give much love to Bummis Super Brite covers. I got two of the NB size and they rocked. That size has a scoop for the cord and it was perfect over the GMD orange edge PFs. I wish I had only gotten these. I was able to use them to 10 lbs. I way prefer my other Bummis SB to my Thirsties that I have. Never had a leak or a blowout whereas I've already had a few with my Thirsties covers (but I'll admit it could be for other reasons than just the cover).

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #35
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got this baby a few xs thirsties covers, but after looking at some of these pics, they seem like a huge fit on even your average sized nb I think I need to look for a few different styles, just in case.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #36
mistya0730
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a 33 weeker. When he came home, 4lbs, 13oz, Bummis Super Brite XS is the only thing that fit. BSWW fits a little smaller than the XS Thirsties.

BFing, CDing, BWing mama
mistya0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #37
Nica1108
Registered Users

My Mood:

All this info has been very helpful, specially the pics!! I've got a large supply of BG AIO from my other kids that i will use as soon as baby is big enough to fit them, but I'm planning to CD from day 1 with our next (or day 2, whenever we get home from the hospital). I've got an assortment of diapers from Indian prefolds to Kissaluvs but I need covers. I've purchased 2 NB prowraps because they were so cheap, 2 xs mother-ease covers that were on clearance (cheap) & 1 blueberry mini deluxe cover that was a 'seconds' deal (again, cheap!). I want 2 more covers but was completely torn over the Bummis & thirsties. After reading this & researching other blogs, I'm going to get the BSB. Sounds like they're a great fit on NB, trim & have good cord room. Hopefully my supply will give me a nice variety to satisfy all my NB diapering needs.
Nica1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #38
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you mean the thirties duo line or the thirsties xsmall? Here is a poll I did about the duo line: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1488216

My son lived in the thirsties duo wraps day 1, he was 8.5lbs at birth, didnt drop weight. i've heard they may have started making them bigger though... I really hope not. I'd rather then not fit until 18lbs if they start fitting newborn,
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #39
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We used size 1 duo wraps and they were great! But my son was also 8 lbs at birth
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

7.7lbs I used the Thirsties XS's and duo 1's and loved them. The duo 1's were a little smaller than the XS's, but they both still fit great. This is over a snappied premie prefold.