Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
kassarowl
Registered Users

Alva 3 layer bamboo or 4 layer microfiber and bamboo?

Hi, I did a search to see if anyone had asked this, but couldn't find anything.....so I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I was just looking in the wrong place.

But anywho, I love the price of the alva inserts, so I really want to try them. I've read that people like the 3 layer bamboo because they're trim but also absorbent, but then they have to double them up a lot of the time....so would they be thicker than the 4 layer anyways?

Opinions? Reviews on either?
Thanks in advance!

Also, has anyone tried the alva bamboo diaper? Any better than the regular ones?
And what's the pros/cons of getting the double gusset diaper?

Advertisement

Last edited by kassarowl; 02-08-2013 at 02:52 PM.
kassarowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Alva 3 layer bamboo or 4 layer microfiber and bamboo?

The bamboo insert is extremely trim, but ime the move around like there is no tomorrow! They are also a little slow to absorb so we had a few leaks with them.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would say the two 3 layer are about the same thickness as the 4 layer blend maybe a bit thicker but heavier too. I really like the 3 layer because its super soft and you can use it stuffed or right against the bum.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
kassarowl
Registered Users

Re: Alva 3 layer bamboo or 4 layer microfiber and bamboo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan View Post
I would say the two 3 layer are about the same thickness as the 4 layer blend maybe a bit thicker but heavier too. I really like the 3 layer because its super soft and you can use it stuffed or right against the bum.
I think the 4 layer is wrapped in bamboo, so you would be able to use that right against the skin too, right?
kassarowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmmm maybe? They feel kind of like mf to me not as yucky as a straight mf but not like the pure bamboo ones from them so I don't know?