Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Jburns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do they last longer than 10lbs? I'm getting a awesome deal on 17 of them!!

My kids are skinny legged.. My DS was 5.7 and dropped to 5lbs when we left NICU.. He was so chicken legged, it was hard to even get. Newborn prefold to fit good till he was like 4-5wks.. I'm hope they last for a good amount of time.. I can't find yellow edge, so I was thinking maybe I can hold out on the orange for a little longer.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
ballerina
Registered Users

My girl was small and we used the orange for quite a while and then used them trifolded even longer.. And as she gets bigger we an use them as doublers... I think that you can get a lot of use out of them so In my opinion they are a good buy especially if you are expecting a small baby... We stopped being able to use the trifolded around 6 mos because she outgrew the absorbency..
ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: GMD orange edge workhorse

My daughter is 1 week and is 5 lbs 13 oz with skinny chicken legs. Right now, the leg openings have too much of a gap for her right now and the pee and poop can leak out unless she is on her back. I'm sure they will fit great in a couple of weeks when she gets some meat on her bones.

ETA: I would go for it!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Jburns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed
My daughter is 1 week and is 5 lbs 13 oz with skinny chicken legs. Right now, the leg openings have too much of a gap for her right now and the pee and poop can leak out unless she is on her back. I'm sure they will fit great in a couple of weeks when she gets some meat on her bones.

ETA: I would go for it!
It's 17 for $60 with free shipping... We were gonna strictly use prefold, but I got a promotion at work and instead of working 2nd shift and my MIL watch the kids for 4hrs. It's now for 8hrs a day so I kinda wanna have a easy option available.. But yellows are so damn hard to find used for a good price. So I was hoping I could maybe sneak it out till like 12lbs instead of 10lbs..
Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: GMD orange edge workhorse

When the oranges are outgrown you can always sell them to fund yellows.

When the bleached WH were being discontinued and sold on sale, I think oranges went for ~$3 each and larger sizes went for ~$8 each (sold in packs of 6, shipping additional).
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote