Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmartin

I kind of figured there was some marketing behind it. I think it's funny to, cause now DH has started calling them out when he sees them to. Lol.

I haven't seen that episode of Good luck charlie I guess. I just can't help but think how uncomfortable it must be.
My DH does too!

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crotch danglers??

It's what I started with too. I didn't know any different. No one in my family (well, dh's family is who lives close and I see and talk to) knew different, I had an infantino sling too (YIKES). I didn't use it a lot but sometimes when we were out side and it was cold or windy I did to protect him from the weather. But they became uncomfortable very quickly. My son was born at ll lbs 7 oz. and by about 13-15 lbs which was 2ish months old I couldn't use them except occasionally. My SIL had offered to make me a sling but I told her I had one (she meant a ring sling- stupid me!). Then one day I saw a pic of her toddler in an ergo and I started asking questions (we live 1200 miles apart and only see eachother 1-2 X a year). I traded on here to get an ergo. At that point my son was 14 months and 30 lbs, and I couldn't believe I could carry him in it! I used it until he hit 40lbs somewhere between 2-3 and then I just couldn't do it any more. But now I look at all the carriers out there and just wish I had known sooner. I lost so much time I could have been using them.

Last edited by slimy72; 02-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
TLCx
Registered Users
seller

I've done the same thought the Bjorne was the greatest thing out there because you really don't see all the other great carriers advertised unless you know where to look. I'm about to invest in a Kinderpack for my toddler and I can't wait to try it out.
TLCx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #14
katjoy
Registered Users
seller

I've never tried a Bjorn, but I had no idea there was anything "wrong" with it until I started buying wraps.
katjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
mophie40
Registered Users
seller

A snuggli is a crotch dangler right? I keep seeing mixed pictures of it and info. Someone on another website wanted to swap one of my items for it, but I have never seen one.
mophie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
eflannery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went to a Natural Parenting Expo today, and of course I expected to see all kinds of carriers. My hubby and I were SHOCKED by how many crotch dangler type carriers we saw there! Especially the bjorns. I felt like saying something to them...

Mama to Regan Louise Born July 5, 2007
and Quinn Annmarie : Born March 30th, 2013
Baby #3 expected to arrive June 14th, 2015!
eflannery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mophie40 View Post
A snuggli is a crotch dangler right? I keep seeing mixed pictures of it and info. Someone on another website wanted to swap one of my items for it, but I have never seen one.
Yes, it's a crotch dangler. I bought one for a friend before I knew anything about babywearing, and had one with my first, until I learned better and got a mei tai.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

with ds I had a snuggli and an evenflo...only because I didn't know about SSCs.

Now with dd I had an ergo, beco gemini, and a boba

this baby has all of the SSCs and now wraps and ring slings.

I was able to convert my sis and bil...from their bjorn crotch dangler to a Beco
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
m0mof6
Registered Users

My Mood:
With my ODS I had a carry by one of the major "crotch dangler" brands. It had a pouch around it that when used properly it was not a crotch dangler. At the time I knew nothing about carriers. Currently I have 2 snuglis, 2 knit wraps, a weego, and a mei tai. Oh Yeah- i also have a ring sling and 2 hip carriers that I don't really use. The snuglis were our emergency carriers jic we didn't have one of our other ones. One day at the grocery store, my DH wore my ydd in the wrap while I put my sleeping yds (toddler at the time) in the snugli. I expected him to wake shortly so I figured it wouldn't be for too long. He slept through the entire shopping trip (1-2 hrs) and his legs and feet were sooo cold when I took him out. It had cut off his circulation. Neither of the LOs have been in the snuglis since. I just haven't gotten rid of them - I don't really know what to do as I feel bad throwing them away but neither do I want another baby in them.
m0mof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
chickabiddy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann View Post
I will admit I have quite a number of carriers but my favorite when my son was a tiny baby was the bjorn. It felt the most secure to me and the most confortable. Once he was about 5 months old I switched over to other carriers.
I agree
When my first was born over 8 years ago bjorns and ring slings seemed to be the only options. I hated the ring sling. I used her bjorn with my other 2 until they were about 3 months. I probably wouldn't use it much past then. YDD loved the bjorn but screamed anytime I tried to wrap her in the Ergo infant burrito.
chickabiddy is offline   Reply With Quote