Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Safety 1st Easy Fit 65

Anyone have experience with this car seat, I am reading nixed reviews online so far. Looking for a decent ($100 or less) car seat for ds#3, outgrown his bucket at 22lbs, still rear facing, extended rear facing, and then front. Any suggestions or advise would be great. I need to but within a week or so!

Advertisement

Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
bmacnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mixed reviews. I know so much more about car seat safety this time around, and in having such a hard time weeding through the bs and making a decision. A month ago I was perfectly happy using an expired car seat, now I'm not comfortable with that decision
Bethany, married to the man that makes me smile . Stay at home mom and homeschooler to my three wild and crazy boys! Bryson 9yrs, my comedian Noah, 4yrs and new booby man, Sonny, 8 months . Living our beautiful but crazy free- range, natural hippie lifestyle!)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Safety 1st Easy Fit 65

It's a great seat! It's also known as the Eddie Bauer XRS 65 and the cheaper, Guide 65. All of them make a great rearfacing seat, although they have a firm 40" max for rearfacing. They have decently tall harness slots at about 17", too.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
And one more question, was it good ff as well?? Space is not really an issue, we r in a Chrysler town & country, so it doesn't have to be moved, and it would be rear facing in the middle seat(not bench).
Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh yes, it's very trim, but tall, so it should get most kids to a good booster age, 5+ or so.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks so much!!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
bmacnak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any recommendations in the Graco Ready Ride?? Just ran across it tonite at Walmart for $100.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Run away! It's just a renamed Graco Comfortsport. It has very short top harness slots, so most kids outgrow it completely around age 2. My DD was too tall forward facing for it by 19mths. It's awkward to install as well. Just not a good value. A $40 Scenera would be a better deal.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #9
GirlFriday13th
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd also look at the evenflo sure ride. It has really tall top slots, reasonably priced and will get most kids to booster age.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #10
Besser81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFriday13th
I'd also look at the evenflo sure ride. It has really tall top slots, reasonably priced and will get most kids to booster age.
Heard great things about this seat on the car seat boards!
Besser81 is offline   Reply With Quote