Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #31
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

No advice on the vbac peace. Glad you are feeling a little better about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Oh and as for me I signed up for vi cord today. We did it with ds2 and dd. I did not do it with ds1 bc I really did not know much about it at the time.

It is silly bc I have done this 3 times and each time I sign up I am liked shocked at the price even though I get a discount LOL! The price didn't get higher.

I do have to decide though if we will bank tissue or not. DH and I have to discuss it.
I had looked into this with DS but my hospital didn't make it easy and I gave up. Do they even allow you to bank with a CS?

Afm: if you didn't see my thread, I had some bleeding from my placenta previa today. So I am on bed rest at home. The new goal is 37 weeks for delivery. My cervix looks good so it might be possible. I am a little stressed trying to find daycare for DS since my parents all work full time. I really wish I would have thought of finding a place before I was put on bed rest!

So you all might see me on here a bit more!

Advertisement

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 02-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #32
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 10th - 16th

Here is what I have read about pumps lately -- and if you look to the right of the pagem you can see more updates about the pump issue: http://hygeiainc.com/why-can-some-in....oa46ARvd.dpbs

And I have no reason to share this except for what I have seen and experienced, so it is an unsolicited endorsement, but I would highly recommend Hygeia pumps. I know the Medela Pump in Style is the best-selling pump, but it is a single-user pump, like nose-hair trimmers, and is not meant to be shared or resold, which is ultimately what we do with something that often doesn't get a lot of use or is still in good shape, and was so pricey. Hygeia makes their pumps with a closed-motor design so there is no way any milk can cross into an area that would compromise the next person's milk. Also, I have cleaned many PIS's and I can tell you more than one I popped the faceplate off to find cockroaches and other nasties in there. Hygeia has also put a meter to count exactly how many hours the pump has been used, like an odometer. There is a place to record your baby's noises to help you let-down. I am in love with this pump, and I can't wait to see if my insurance would send me one . And Medela, who used to be WHO-Code compliant, is no longer following those guidelines, so many moms who worry about that kind of stuff are trying to avoid Medela products now. And remember if you are reusing a pump no matter who it belonged to (I'm not going to judge, 13.5 years ago I borrowed my sil's PIS when my baby ended up in the NICU) to see if you can find a lactation consultant to measure the pump pressure and see if it is still adequate -- often we think the pump isn't working for us when in reality the pressure has diminished with age and use. If you find one that isn't too stuffy and huffy about used pumps, she might even clean it for you, and pop off that face-plate .

Emilythestrange, fear is a normal part of being pregnant and thinking about birth in general, no matter what you are facing. Worry is the work of pregnancy, or so they say. I find, after three incredible, vaginal births, two totally normal and unhampered by anything medically unnecessary, I am still getting those fears that pop abruptly into my head. They justshow up with a force and a power I am not prepared for. I have to remind myself, right now, I could waste a lot of time thinking about it and worrying. But we have a plan in place if transport is needed, I am 3 minutes from the hospital, I will be taken care of, so I push those fears from my mind, I can't even entertain them past the plan b. Now is the time when we worry because we have nothing else to do. I know knoce labor unflods and I can move through it, make choices, help myself feel better, rely on my support people, that it will be different because I will be physically involved in it.

How many times in life do we look back and say, "I should have worried more about that, I didn't spend enough time worrying about that." I personally can't think of anything big where that applies for me. How often, though, do we say, "I spent a lot of time worring about that when I didn't need to"? For me, a lot .

Worrying is good in the sense that it helps us prepare. If we didn't worry, we might not ever get ready, educate ourselves, buy things we need for the baby, etc. But with the normal hormones of pregnancy worry can go overboard. If we can change the focus and recreate a habit we can move past that worrying part and do something more productive and positive.

(((hugs)))
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #33
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I am a little stressed trying to find daycare for DS since my parents all work full time. I really wish I would have thought of finding a place before I was put on bed rest!
I was wondering how that was working out. it all works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinhand View Post
I find, after three incredible, vaginal births, two totally normal and unhampered by anything medically unnecessary, I am still getting those fears that pop abruptly into my head.
Totally there with you. I've had a c-sec and 4 vaginal births (2 VBACs, Levi and Elli) and worry definitely creeps in sometimes. I just keep reminding myself that, though there may be things I can do, ultimately, this is beyond my control. It is what it is.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #34
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks for all the support!

My doula was a bit concerned, so she rewatched it herself and addressed some of my concerns. She said that the hospitals here are really good with vbacs and that one of the last vbacs she doula'd, that the woman went into the hospital as a 7 and it took 7 more hours for her to get to an 8 and that the hospital staff were totally fine waiting.

so, I am feeling better that atleast I'm in a very supportive place
Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #35
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
No advice on the vbac peace. Glad you are feeling a little better about it.

I had looked into this with DS but my hospital didn't make it easy and I gave up. Do they even allow you to bank with a CS?

Afm: if you didn't see my thread, I had some bleeding from my placenta previa today. So I am on bed rest at home. The new goal is 37 weeks for delivery. My cervix looks good so it might be possible. I am a little stressed trying to find daycare for DS since my parents all work full time. I really wish I would have thought of finding a place before I was put on bed rest!

So you all might see me on here a bit more!
Yes my 2nd was a cs and we banked his cord--no problems at all. You talk to the Dr about it and they do it. As for the hospital never really discussed it with them before hand but they were very helpful with getting everything ready for it to be picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
thanks for all the support!

My doula was a bit concerned, so she rewatched it herself and addressed some of my concerns. She said that the hospitals here are really good with vbacs and that one of the last vbacs she doula'd, that the woman went into the hospital as a 7 and it took 7 more hours for her to get to an 8 and that the hospital staff were totally fine waiting.

So glad to here you are feeling better about it. I went into labor at 3:30 am and did not have DD until 8:45pm and never once was I bothered by anyone. They just let me labor however I wanted to. It is great that you feel like you have the support.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #36
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
My doula was a bit concerned, so she rewatched it herself and addressed some of my concerns.

I really like that she was concerned and rewatched it to get your perspective on it - that's awesome! And I'm glad you're feeling better now, too.

AFM: Yesterday, after getting to town in the morning and running around all day, I was super exhausted and hormonal - grouchy and grumpy. It sucked. And it's not better this morning. I can't wait until everyone leaves for school/work cuz at least then I've only gotta deal with myself and Levi.
Oh shoot. Just remembered tomorrow is FIL's birthday. I don't think DH asked his mom if she's planning anything yet. Just asked, nope he hasn't. We'll call tonight. My SIL is flying in on Saturday ( haven't seen her in forever!) so likely MIL will want to wait until she's here, but we'll check anyways. Would probably work out best that way cuz the kids missed gymnastics last week and will probably miss next week (DD definitely will, she's away on an over-night field trip) so getting there tomorrow probably would be a good thing!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #37
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

maybe I figured out why I've been grumpy and grouchy - through this morning I've started with rotten sinus pressure/headache. Boo.
I had some of DH's mango salsa for lunch - hoping to chase away the cold with the spice!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #38
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm grouchy today too.

I feel bad for DD.. but I am TRYING not to be grouchy.. I really am trying!!
I prayed for patience. lol
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #39
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Had a wonderful baby shower. All my work colleagues were so generous. I don't think I'll have to buy anything out of pocket for this baby on my wish list after gifts and the generous gift cards. I feel so blessed.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

yay for great showers!