Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tell me i can do this

I would do sposies in the car with a PUL cover over them, and use the cloth at your destination to air his bum. Use the time while he is in the sposies as the time to slather his butt with the heavy duty cream, seeing as you won't need to worry about it getting on your cloth anyway.

Is there any food that makes his poop a bit more solid? Maybe bananas? I strategically feed banana before car trips.

Advertisement

kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII

Just wanted to send you a over that one. My LO spent the past 6 months with a list of 25 foods to avoid, now we're down to 18. Soy, dairy, egg, wheat, garlic, beef, oat, rye, and a bunch of fruits and vegetables. It's such a huge struggle, I admire your determination to use cloth through this trip.

Not to hijack your thread, but our poop issues got SOOO much better when our naturopath began to address what she calls "leaky gut". I don't know if you are at all into natural medicine, and mainstream medicine says there is no such thing as leaky gut, and the allergenic-baby community tends to say naturopaths address allergies in a dangerous way ... Whatever is true, it made sense to me that his food allergies were causing severe intestinal irritation, and that irritation made things worse because he couldn't process food well.

Anyway, she started us on Biogenesis Intestinal Repair Complex, and Jarrodophilus Allergen Free probiotics. I put 1/4 tsp of the former and 1 capsule of the latter into his "milk" (half almond, half goat, with a touch of Soda Stream diet root beer syrup). After 2 weeks we started getting solid poops back on his old schedule (one every few days).

My d-future-h mastered the gluten free "chicken" (usually turkey or fish) nugget ... that has really saved us with our picky allergenic eater. If that recipe would be helpful or if there's anything else that might help, feel free to PM me.
I cannot pm on my phone. But yes please!!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

you try almond milk? we tried almond & second liked as transhfer to whole needed it as breastmilk is really sweet i hear. i have traveled with cloth... take detergent & if you had enough to last nfew days or whole trip. plop poo & i have container with lid to hold stink i.n....

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 02-11-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: adding to thought
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #14
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
you try almond milk? we tried almond & second liked as transhfer to whole needed it as breastmilk is really sweet i heatr
Almond doesn't have the fat in it that the dr wants him to have. Honestly his poop doesn't bother me but we are going to be in a hotel with a 5 hour drive each way
Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #15
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Poor kiddo! I'd use sposies for the car ride, and cd the rest of the time.
I can tell this isn't what you wanted to talk about, but have you seen a nutritionist for him? My kids pretty much stopped drinking milk after around 16 months, we supplemented the calcium and fat with other foods. Constantly having runny poop can be really hard on ones system, and lead to much bigger issues down the road.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
Poor kiddo! I'd use sposies for the car ride, and cd the rest of the time.
I can tell this isn't what you wanted to talk about, but have you seen a nutritionist for him? My kids pretty much stopped drinking milk after around 16 months, we supplemented the calcium and fat with other foods. Constantly having runny poop can be really hard on ones system, and lead to much bigger issues down the road.
Yes. He saw the nutritionist 6 months ago when we stopped breast feeding. I am trying to cut the coconut milk down but he is attached to it. Lol. It's a short time in his life and he won't drink as much forever.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With just a 5 hour car ride that is not too bad. And it sounds like you have enough diapers as long as you get home early enough monday to wash diapers before bed.

I would just bring 2 wet bags to separate the poop from the not (unless you will be swishing to get poop off at the hotel) so at least you know what your battle is Monday and don't have to pick through the wet ones to find the poopy ones.

Good Luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #18
squirrelmommy
Registered Users
seller

your options

1) disposables all the way
2) Ai2 systems like flip, gdiapers
3)your regular CD
4) disposables in the car, CD at the destination

any of them would work as long asyou have a plan for containing the smell in the car.
squirrelmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dh really wants to do sposies so we don't have to worry about washing or anything else. It's just meant to be a fun mini vaca and he wants it at fun as possible