Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Am I clueless, or is this how you measure inseam?

from inside the leg/thigh/crotch area to the bottom of the leg?

I want to order longies for dgs but I really don't know if I'm measuring correctly at all. I feel pretty stupid.

Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Am I clueless, or is this how you measure inseam?

crotch to bottom of leg
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

If they wear a diaper, be sure to measure with the diaper on
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Registered Users

Crotch to bottom of the leg with diaper on. Personally I think it should be center of the crotch which would include gusset measurements. Because the width of the gusset does affect the way the legs will fit. When I first started on DS I remember one mama complaining she had ordered 2 pairs of longies from 2 different knitters. One pair fit perfectly. One did not. She said when she measured the inseam both were correct. She couldn't figure out why the discrepancy in fit. Now having made my own and seen how they fit my child I think her issues were probably due to the gusset width rather than inseam measurements.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote