Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Update:Nursey Decor opinions

Update:So here's the nearly finished version... still making the curtains. But it's coming together. And I did find a mobile in the end... walked in to Walmart last week and there it was on clearance caterpillars and leaves.

So I'm starting to work on the finishing toughs for the baby's room. One big thing is I want to do a wall decal on one wall. But I'm having trouble picking the color of the decal. I'm going for a forest theme... though Northern type forest not a jungle.

So here's the room... excuse the fact that it's currently also storing all the other baby stuff I've accumulated so far.

Will have this carpet... actually it's there still in packaging in the edge of the shot/
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50203793/

Using this fabric to make curtains for the window. And the bedding from the same line.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50191506/

Here is the decal I've pretty much decided on... but I'm at a loss on the color. I like the white... but there's going to be a lot of white. So I'm leaning towards the light grey or the light brown options. Probably more towards the brown.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/84092398/birchgrove-series-one-tree-101-height

And probably get these to put else where in the room.
[I]http://www.etsy.com/listing/81340911/deer-racoon-bear-forest-animal-tracks

Thought? Opinions? And if anyone happens to have seen a mobile that has a forest-y theme I'd love to know where you spotted it. All I can find so far is jungle animals.

Advertisement

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers

Last edited by KendallMarie; 02-28-2013 at 02:21 PM.
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nursey Decor opinions

I actually like the dark brown because of you're wood floor, and looks like most other things will be primarily lighter colors. I like the white too but think it might be too much white as well.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love it! I really like the white birch trees!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hmm, I really like the white against that blue wall, but I bet the dark brown would look nice, too. I love all your choices!

Eta: Man, tou arent kidding about the jungle animals! They must be the "in" thing. I found this mobile with bears at toys r us. Its green, though. Depending in how much you want to spend you could buy this one for the animals and find a better mobile part to switch out.

hmm i can copy the link right on my phone but its by trend lab called Giggles.

They also have one called Echo Musical Mobile (listed in the girl section, but its very, very gender neutral). It has a hedge hog, fox, turtle, and two other animals I cant remember.

Ok, ds is up so this is my last edit. I swear! http://www.babiesrus.com/product/ind...uctId=16401366

I dont get to setup a nursery for this LO so I was really enjoying searching for you! Haha!

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 01-12-2013 at 01:25 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

So after looking at it and looking at it I relized that there's one ig thing missing from that pic of the baby's room. There's a good sized framed mirror that will be over the low dresser (matching.) I'm thinking with that brown up on wall as well the light grey tree will be the way I go. There is grey in teh rug... and well it just won't show dirt as much as white.

I've also found some nice woodland prints on etsy as well so I think i've pretty much got the decor sorted out. So i just need to settle down and actually sew the curtains. And sort and organize all the stuff my wonderful friends have given me. Oh yeah and the rest of the house.

IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
FarmingMama
Registered Users
seller

Wow that will look so nice!
FarmingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
LacyHolly
Registered Users

I LOVE your theme!!!! I love that rug!!! We got our rug for Baby L's room from Ikea too...they have a veggie theme that we're going with since it's a very gender neutral theme and we're team green!
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly View Post
I LOVE your theme!!!! I love that rug!!! We got our rug for Baby L's room from Ikea too...they have a veggie theme that we're going with since it's a very gender neutral theme and we're team green!
LOL I seriously considered the Veggie theme. But I decided the woodlandy one was more my style... and well now i know he's a boy it works really well. (if it's been a girl i would have added pink bird in the tree or something.) But I really liked the veggies... still might get some of the toys. The stuffed brocolli just makes me laugh.

Still waiting for the wall decal in the mail at this point. Did find a nice light switch cover https://www.etsy.com/transaction/113942402 that i think will work. And one of those critters (frog) that project stars on the cieling (at a clearance place... Yay) since i've still had very little luck on mobiles that I don't have to get across the border somehow.

My mom and i went digging through all the baby things she'd kept from my sister and I and foudn a hooked wall hanging that hung in my room when i was a baby that fits right in too so I think I've pretty much "got" everything decor wise now... just waiting for the packages to come.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
birdinhand
Registered Users

Cute stuff. I love the forest theme.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Update:Nursey Decor opinions