Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
Besser81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Night worthy preschooler diaper

Ds 4 is leaking in his overnight pullups (sposie) almost every night. I think it's just too much all at once and it goes out the side.

We switched to sposies at nights due to ammonia but I'm willing to try again.

Suggestions? We've done Pfs but he can soak one during nap. He's big 43 lbs 43", so the bigger the fluff I don't know if we have a cover big enough.

Advertisement

Besser81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
romansmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bumping because we're having the same problem w/ our 3 yr old except we're using XL SBish OBF diapers w/ MEAF covers.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night worthy preschooler diaper

Thirsties size 2 pocket w/ the insert that comes with it and one of Thirsties size 2 bamboo prefolds. I've not yet seen it fail and it's been challenged
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Rainshine Design's Stay-Dry Nightime fitted. LOVE them for my heavy-wetting toddler/bed-wetting preschooler.
Holden's Landing Toddler BedBug is another great overnight fitted.
KumfyKozies- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
McDMom
Registered Users

Superundies Overnights or Ladder Hill Designs Trainers. Superundies pockets can work too if stuffed right. DD1 wears these and she is 44 inches and 45 lbs. I'd go for a trainer since you eventually want the child to be able to go potty in the nighttime if they feel a need. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can't help you with what to stuff it because my preschooler isn't a heavy wetting but we are having lots of luck with the Snap EZ pocket trainers and the Bumwear fleece lined pocket trainers. I actually like the Snap EZ ones a bit more, size large is a 3T-4T size, we have some good growing room too. They also have youth sizes.

We use a BG OS MF insert and a Joey Bunz Med Hemp insert. I've used these 2 inserts for nighttime for well over a year now and they still hold him at night. It is only holds about 20oz fully saturated though (I tested recently with water).
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
spcjoneswifey
Registered Users
seller

OH I was having the exact same problem! We were using the overnight Huggies PullUps and every.single.night without fail my 4 year old would leak through and onto the bed and mattress. Early this week I bought a LoveyBums XL wool cover, the kind with snaps and a Rumparooz 6 hour hemp soaker. Voila, problem solved. He'd never worn a cloth diaper before but I would just distract him after putting it on and after about 3-5 minutes he completely forgot what he was wearing. Its awesome not to have to wash sheets every morning.
spcjoneswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I use XXL Fuzzi Bunz on my almost 5 year old. Stuffed with 2 prefolds & the MF insert it came with. He has diabetes & pees a lot yet these work wonderfully. He is 41 lbs & 40 inches.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDMom View Post
Superundies Overnights or Ladder Hill Designs Trainers. Superundies pockets can work too if stuffed right. DD1 wears these and she is 44 inches and 45 lbs. I'd go for a trainer since you eventually want the child to be able to go potty in the nighttime if they feel a need. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed - I love Ladder Hill Designs. We would stuff with a flip organic prefold or a Thirsties duo prefold. For my super wetter I would also stuff with a Thirsties duo insert as a doubler.

I usually throw a wool soaker, shorties or longies (depending on the season) to make it bulletproof (just for my heavy wetter - my other two never needed this).
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also for my smaller kids I have done a sposie/fitted/wool combo. LOL

Sposie first, then a fitted on top, and a soaker over. Or you could do a fitted, then a sposie, then wool.