Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Will part-time underwear be confusing?

Only 3 accidents yesterday! We ran errands for about 6 hours yesterday afternoon, and he kept his undies dry the whole time. He told me when he needed to go, and held it till we got there, (even once when we were on the interstate, and he had to wait for the next exit)!
This morning, he walked to the little potty and sat down and peed on it for the first time all by himself (usually he just sits on it for practice, or I help him get on it or the big toilet). He was still wearing his underwear, though. Oops. Poor little guy was so confused when he stood up and turned to look- no peepee! How strange, he knew he'd done it. LOL. Poor thing. I'm not counting it as a miss, the intention was there.

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
Reagansmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Will part-time underwear be confusing? / Update:Full time underwear!

I am so impressed! And maybe a little jealous. My 17 month old, who I have part-time EC'ed since she was about 3 weeks old, is so close, but I can't seem to get her to tell me when she needs to go, at least not consistently at all. At home she's always in trainers pretty much (except naps), and we have good days - like today where she was dry all day - and bad days where we go through 4 trainers and 2-3 diapers. But this is based almost solely on timing and somewhat me reading her cues. Very occasionally she says pee pee, or goes over to the potty. I have not been able to brave bringing her out in public even in the trainers, yet she does potty in public quite frequently. The diapers ( I use prefolds as well ) are becoming a big pain. Any suggestions or thoughts? Or do I just keep waiting it out for her to tell me more consistently?
Reagansmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not an authority at all- this is my first child- so I don't really have any good suggestions for you. Depending on whether I thought she understood, or not; I would either wait it out, or switch to underwear cold turkey (and start gently saying things like "pee pee goes in the potty" if you're not already) and see what happens. Maybe some of the other ladies with more experience can chime in?

I was sick this week, so I found out how much of his success is dependent on me. He still said "peepoo" every time, but since I was too sick to get up and rush him to the potty (and daddy doesn't always rush as fast as I do), we had a lot of misses. Today I'm feeling better, and so things are back to normal.

Found out this week, too, that he doesn't want to wear a diaper anymore. At all. We were out of underwear (all of them were still in the dryer), so I had my husband put him in a diaper for bed, instead. He cried and asked to go to the potty 3 times in a row before I figured out what was going on. He didn't want the diaper. We took the diaper off, and put him in some soft t-shirt fabric shorts, and he went to sleep. He knows his own mind, that's for sure.

Last edited by sweetpeapumpkinbaby; 12-01-2012 at 08:57 AM.
sweetpeapumpkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #14
Reagansmama
Registered Users
seller

So I braved bringing my LO to the grocery store in trainers today. Of course she had just peed and pooed on the potty and they were waterproof flip trainers, but still it was a big step for me! And I've decided that next Sunday I'm bringing her to church in trainers! She's been dry at church for weeks, and the ladies in the nursery said they'd bring her potty. So I guess little steps. But it's funny because even today I put her on the little potty and she didn't go, then 5 minutes later I tried her on the big potty with an insert for her to sit on, and she peed and pooed! I'll never understand a toddler's mind! I think I'm quite nervous about her peeing in the undies and getting her pants wet and all that entails...interestingly enough I had my older daughter go cold turkey to undies at 20 months without even ECing her prior to that I just dealt with wet pants with her for a few weeks while we were out. Maybe it was different because it was warm then, who knows. Thanks for the encouragement! My family and friends think I'm a little crazy.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagansmama View Post
So I braved bringing my LO to the grocery store in trainers today. Of course she had just peed and pooed on the potty and they were waterproof flip trainers, but still it was a big step for me! And I've decided that next Sunday I'm bringing her to church in trainers! She's been dry at church for weeks, and the ladies in the nursery said they'd bring her potty. So I guess little steps. But it's funny because even today I put her on the little potty and she didn't go, then 5 minutes later I tried her on the big potty with an insert for her to sit on, and she peed and pooed! I'll never understand a toddler's mind! I think I'm quite nervous about her peeing in the undies and getting her pants wet and all that entails...interestingly enough I had my older daughter go cold turkey to undies at 20 months without even ECing her prior to that I just dealt with wet pants with her for a few weeks while we were out. Maybe it was different because it was warm then, who knows. Thanks for the encouragement! My family and friends think I'm a little crazy.
Yay! Glad things are going well! Sometimes my son has a preference about where to sit, too, LOL . His newest thing is sitting on the little potty to pee, then picking it up and carrying it to the toilet where he dumps it in and waves and says "Bye, Peepoo!". I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!

We use Dappi covers over his underwear when we're out and about, they keep his pants dry in the event of an accident (only had a leak once so far), and they're really cheap and pull up and down.

Sunday we had our first day ever with NO accidents! It hasn't happened again (back to having 2 or 3 accidents a day), but we were so excited!

Last edited by sweetpeapumpkinbaby; 12-13-2012 at 04:09 PM.
sweetpeapumpkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Things are going so great for you I'm very impressed of your LO. I just wanted to note that at about the age of 2 sometimes they backslide a little bit. your LO is doing great at 1.5yrs though so i bet it won't be much. Looking back my first/only LO was ready to be in undies about 18m but I missed the ques. We backslide a fair bit but still manage to daytime including naps PL at 2.5years.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #17
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

Had another no-accident day since I last posted, and a few days with only 1 miss! We're averaging about 2 accidents per day now. I was sick again about a week ago, but this time it didn't cause a setback. Mostly, the accidents are not a full emptying of the bladder anymore. Instead, it's a dribble; then he realizes what's happening, tells me, and holds it a minute until he gets to the potty to finish. So, lots of progress!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for sharing your journey so far. It's really helpful to hear others' experiences.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
Reagansmama
Registered Users
seller

Wanted to update you on my journey as well...I finally took the plunge to full time undies (trainers) about 3 weeks ago...even when we're out. She's still in diapers at nap and bedtime. In the past week we had one wet trainer and one wet diaper (other than nighttime when she's still peeing a ton!). Yeah! I'm so excited. She also is finally, again the last week, telling me when she needs to go! Its so darn cute when she yells out "potty!" And runs for the bathroom. Of course it has become a way for her to tell me she's done eating, instead of just saying all done she says potty even though she doesn't have to go, and she was obsessed with grandma and grandpas potty last night. I think I brought her 6 times in 3 hours and she only actually went once. I'm so happy I did EC, and it was only part time. It was so worth it!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
sweetpeapumpkinbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagansmama View Post
Wanted to update you on my journey as well...I finally took the plunge to full time undies (trainers) about 3 weeks ago...even when we're out. She's still in diapers at nap and bedtime. In the past week we had one wet trainer and one wet diaper (other than nighttime when she's still peeing a ton!). Yeah! I'm so excited. She also is finally, again the last week, telling me when she needs to go! Its so darn cute when she yells out "potty!" And runs for the bathroom. Of course it has become a way for her to tell me she's done eating, instead of just saying all done she says potty even though she doesn't have to go, and she was obsessed with grandma and grandpas potty last night. I think I brought her 6 times in 3 hours and she only actually went once. I'm so happy I did EC, and it was only part time. It was so worth it!
Wow! Only two misses in a week, that's great! We're not there yet. Even though he's still dry at night and naps, we still have wet undies every day. Even so, I'm glad that we did EC and that we're not in diapers anymore. We're still plugging along. It does seem like he's giving a lot more notice for poop, now (we don't have to run, we have plenty of time to get to the bathroom), so I guess that's progress.
Yeah, he does that, too: "Peepoo" when he really means "I want to go to sleep" or "I'm ready to leave the house now."
Thanks for the update! Glad things are going well!